New Sig Zulu

sivart

WKR
I heard on the Gohunt podcast that Sig has a new zulu 6 coming out w/ better glass. Has anyone got any details? I'm hoping it's as light as the original. I've held off on buying, because I figured they would bring one w/ better glass quality

4th_point

WKR
Has anyone got any details? I'm hoping it's as light as the original. I've held off on buying, because I figured they would bring one w/ better glass quality

The new HDX has tan colored armor, and the original is grey. The big sporting goods stores may have both on display. My local SW had both for awhile.

Opticron has its version out as well. Same OEM, I believe.

4th_point

WKR
16x HDX that I tried had good resolution in the center of FOV, but it doesn't have a flat image if that's what you were hoping for.

Some have reported that the sweet spot is off centered. I had the non-HDX and there seems to be less color fringing with the HDX but I didn't compare side by side.

Glare still seems to be an issue with the HDX. I got a weird blue ring around the edges when wearing my glasses. Maybe from an exposed lens edge? And eye positioning was not easy with glasses but maybe the sweet spot was off centered like others reported and that was my problem.

It's an improvement over the original overall, but you'll need to check it out for yourself.

Nevwild

FNG
Classified Approved
I just listened to the same podcast, Big Hunt Guys EP 127. Sounds like there might be an improved version of the HDX coming. If they have rangefinding and/or ballistic capabilities I’ll be looking for change in the sofa cushions to scrounge up enough to buy a set.

I emailed Cody with gohunt about this podcast leak specifically, and he wouldn’t confirm about a new HDX being dropped.

I’m on the fence about the zulu6 and I might hold off a bit. They were pretty hush hush on the pod.

largerack

FNG
I too heard that and was also nearing purchase on the HDX. At first I held off, then the more I thought about it decided to just order the existing HDX model because I got a good price and the new version might be $500 more, and who knows when they'll come out... If you can wait then maybe it's worth it, but you might be waiting a while

dcopher

Lil-Rokslider
I've seen firsthand the new image stabilized binos. The ones I was able to handle were 16 X 50's, not sure what other powers or objective sizes they are coming out with. They are substantially larger than the existing HDX's and use 2 batteries instead of the one on the existing. Image quality is definitely better than the HDX's, but other than that I am not sure of all the other particulars. From what I was told, they are a couple of months from releasing them.

I've seen firsthand the new image stabilized binos. The ones I was able to handle were 16 X 50's, not sure what other powers or objective sizes they are coming out with. They are substantially larger than the existing HDX's and use 2 batteries instead of the one on the existing. Image quality is definitely better than the HDX's, but other than that I am not sure of all the other particulars. From what I was told, they are a couple of months from releasing them.
Did you happens to notice if the FOV was any larger?