New SG bino harness is on the way ...

joshr

FNG
I got my set. They are great! Bit disappointed the Revic Br4s don't fit in the RF pouch. Other than that. So far so good 👍

Jon_G

WKR
I just got mine a few days ago and it's perfect for the way I like it to fit. I got the marsupial as a trade for my SG Skyline harness and within 3 days I sold it and got the sentinel. The marsupial was just too bulky for no reason. Maybe I didn't give it a chance enough but I like the fit of this one much better. I got it with the large pocket and use it for my cell phone and it's great. I didn't really see how the binos in previous version pulled the harness down a little bit but they fixed that with this one.

Also, I know some had concern of the velcro but I think it creates a super solid base that doesn't allow the pockets to move as you're pulling something out. I am extremely happy with it.

ljalberta

WKR
I got my set. They are great! Bit disappointed the Revic Br4s don't fit in the RF pouch. Other than that. So far so good 👍
Interesting to hear. I emailed and they advised me that the RF Pouch was modified to fit the BR4 before they released it. But are you saying your BR4 doesn’t fit? It might be a couple got out the door that don’t fit. It may be worth reaching out to SG.

I’m swapping to a BR4 this year and that was a question I had.

ljalberta

WKR
Thanks, that’s a killer though. Was considering getting one but not if the BR4 doesn’t fit.
As noted in my comment above, I was advised via email by SG that the BR4 should fit.

My RF pouch is awful tight though on a smaller rangefinder, so I’m not sure if that a bit of bad information I was given or if there’s some inconsistency on their sizing.

rred85

FNG
I’m curious what they come out with, the gen 1 was a disappointment to me, but they wouldn’t have to change a lot to make it exceptional, but imo, they missed the mark on gen 1
I use the Kuiu harness… what was the issue with the SG gen 1?

joshr

FNG
As noted in my comment above, I was advised via email by SG that the BR4 should fit.

My RF pouch is awful tight though on a smaller rangefinder, so I’m not sure if that a bit of bad information I was given or if there’s some inconsistency on their sizing.
The one I have here certainly does not fit a BR4, and it's new(just arrived). I'll email them now.

RF pouch at max adjustment will not close and ive had to force the RF in to get it to this point.

Attachments

• PXL_20240618_053454186.jpg
    PXL_20240618_053454186.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20240618_053510561.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240618_053510561.MP.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 23
I use the Kuiu harness… what was the issue with the SG gen 1?
I can only speak for myself, but the harness was uncomfortable, and could really feel the weight of the binos on your neck. I think I couldn’t get the harness as high as I liked, but not positive. The sentinel seems to be exactly what I was hoping the gen 1 would be.

I think this new version is a good example of refining a product

A new bino harness problem the past couple years since getting the NL pures is that any fleece lined harness develops an obnoxious-problematic squeak with the NL, which is another pro of the SG harness.

My marsupial squeaked so bad that I couldn’t use it archery hunting, the kuiu was not as bad but still annoying, and even my catamount gen 2 squeaks a little after a season of use… the SG will not develop any squeak

Ens Entium

Lil-Rokslider
Is anyone using a RRS Cinch with the new Sentinel Harness? I have the Large size with Leica Geovid R 10x42 and the Arca of the Cinch wants to get caught on the back plate lip making it tougher to remove.

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Is anyone using a RRS Cinch with the new Sentinel Harness? I have the Large size with Leica Geovid R 10x42 and the Arca of the Cinch wants to get caught on the back plate lip making it tougher to remove.
I have the new wiser ba-7 sparrow mount on my revics and it fits the large pretty well. I think it is lower profile than the rrs and offsets to the center so you might try one