New Sako S20 Hunter in 6.5CM + Precision stock - what now?

Lando

WKR
Here's a pic of the small:

S530206811-S20-TRANPORT-CASE-SHORT-3.jpg

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I hadn't seen the cases, now you've got me a bit intrigued. If anyone has pics with the S20 in the large, I'd love to see them too.
I think I’ve seen that one. It’s probably ideal. I’d love to see if the larger one could fit the extra butt stock and forend, and maybe a can. But I doubt I really need the extra stock and forend for travel.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I hadn't seen the cases, now you've got me a bit intrigued. If anyone has pics with the S20 in the large, I'd love to see them too.
There is a used large on Amazon being sold by Gritr. Pretty big discount but no pictures

JGRaider

WKR
This forum man… snagged one in 6.5prc… don’t have one and thought I would dip the toes since I don’t plan on cutting the barrel and you can’t do a whole lot with the stock I’ll leave it be. Will mostly be my “long range” shooter might hunt with it sometimes we shall see. Anyone with the prc have any factory ammo that yours loves?
143gr Norma match, and Norma Bondstrike. Superb, accurate ammo and you have Norma brass to reload with. Great stuff.

Very. I was thinking about saying it’s a bit long, but since I’ve never said that before, it was hard to post. I’m on the fence about shortening it though

If you're used to working with something short, you need to shorten it.
You don't need the longer barrel, that extra velocity doesn't matter if you know what you're doing.

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
If you're used to working with something short, you need to shorten it.
You don't need the longer barrel, that extra velocity doesn't matter if you know what you're doing.
Thanks. I’m use to full length and only recently started shooting short. I will use it at current length just to see how it shoots for a while, including so I can get a comparison of speeds before and after.

Thanks. I’m use to full length and only recently started shooting short. I will use it at current length just to see how it shoots for a while, including so I can get a comparison of speeds before and after.

I'd be very interested to see the speed differences of that 24" vs say 18" barrel.
I'm excited for you, that's one sweet setup.
Hopefully you get the logistics of that domestic embargo worked out lol

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I'd be very interested to see the speed differences of that 24" vs say 18" barrel.
I'm excited for you, that's one sweet setup.
Hopefully you get the logistics of that domestic embargo worked out lol
Now that I have the Garmin Xero, I'm definitely going to measure the difference - assuming I do follow-through and cut it. I still need to swap the butt stock, but I've got time.

Yeah, the embargo is bizarre. It's like lots of other stuff can get through, but ammo seems to strike a nerve on the home front. But GunMagWarehouse just shipped, so fingers crossed that shipment is in early enough to get past the blockade.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I know this is a different rifle, but figured I would only clutter your thread with this.

First, nice work, but I have a question.

First hunting shot with my new RSS. 73gr ELD-M out of 16.5" barrel. Mature doe slightly quartering to at 85 yards. Ran zero yards. External entrance wound almost completely invisible. Pictured below - entry wound from inside chest (no exit), brass from prior kills in the blind ("which one of these is not like the others?") and others.View attachment 619911
View attachment 619912
View attachment 619913View attachment 619914

Is this what kids call running nowadays?
I’m “running” a version of this right now.View attachment 619746

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
I'd be willing to bet it shoots good! Mine loves 130 Bergers.
I just haven’t gotten around to shooting it yet. Deer season is in the way. I have 4 kinds to try eventually - S&B 140gr FMJ BT, Hornady 140 and 147 ELD-M and 140 Fed Tactical TMK. Can’t wait