New rules on posting spots? Really Rokslide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP watching his staunchly held opinions change over time.

marty.jpg

Memes are great when they’re all fun and games.

ironic that he asked somebody else to do the work for him. No?

I also don’t know the rules like the back of my hand, but I’m assuming there’s a rule against posting a personal picture of somebody in this manner.

I got a lot of catching up to do, but we do it to robby all the time.

Ain't nothing safe from MHG.

MNGrouser

FNG
I'm so vain I probably think this thread is about me.

I don't contribute much because I don't know much about western hunting. I've loved what I have done so far. "My spot" in Montana is pretty safe because it is a private ranch. My family gained permission to hunt there when one of the ranch members and my mom were both battling cancer at the Mayo Clinic at the same time. We are all family now bloodlines be damned. Even if I told the internet where it was, the owners aren't letting internet trolls on their property.

I guess I should have started a thread like this and replied dozens of times to up my stats. I was just brought up to believe if you don't have something intelligent to say, keep your mouth shut.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
I'm gonna throw in my two cents here after reading some of the arguments.

Its a private forum, they can set rules and you either follow them or leave.

With that said, if you're asking about a true LE tag(my meaning on this - its a LE unit for the animal you're asking about, there's no general season) I don't see where making a post asking about said unit is a big deal. Great, so 10,000 people can google it and see where someone asked. Whats the chances of them actually drawing the tag and being able to hunt it? I don't know about you guys, but I typically don't spend time in LE country until I draw a tag... and I'm not about to start applying for a unit just because some guy asked about it on a forum.

Now if this unit has a general season for said animal, I completely agree.

Which brings me to a follow up point...

If people googling results is such a bad thing - why not turn off the forum for non-members and search engines. I don't see this happening, and if its such a big deal I'm not sure why it hasn't been done already... or at least make the animal specific forums for members only. If people want to partake in the forum(and information), they have to create an account.

Ultimately, like I mentioned at the beginning - its a private forum. They can choose to moderate it as they see fit. I, nor anyone else has to 100% agree with the rules but we gotta follow them if we want to be here.
I see what you’re saying, but what if on *the* hunting forum on the internet “so and so” and a couple others say unit “X” is awesome and them and their buddies pull 10 big bulls out of there every year and hardly ever see another hunter, “oh yeah, and you can’t throw a rock without hitting a 180” mule deer buck. Half our stalks get blown by bucks that look like small elk” “best kept secret in the west” “and the FISHING. There isn’t a square foot in “such and such” creek that doesn’t have a trout in it”

Then everyone and their brother applies as a first choice drastically decreasing draw odds for the people that have hunted it every year or every other year without being worried about drawing a tag. I’m obviously exaggerating the stories a little bit, but there’s no way in heck stuff like this doesn’t happen.

Hell, land prices and lease prices in certain counties in the Midwest skyrocketed back in the day and became impossible to door knock and find a place to hunt because of a few magazine articles and some poorly chosen words on the outdoor channel/VCR tape.

I’m sure you know what you’re doing, so im sure you wouldn’t try and draw a tag based off of what someone on the internet says, but Billy Bob that has been mindlessly stacking points from his house in the suburbs will. And there are thousands more where he came from. This is even worse in states that don’t have preference points and it’s all random chance lottery. You can REALLY wreck a lottery there.

Status
Not open for further replies.