New rules on posting spots? Really Rokslide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil-Rokslider656

Lil-Rokslider
Short rant.

I’m a rokslider; love the forum. Not an every day guy, but I buy some stuff, sell some stuff, research hunts, read gear articles, etc . Rokslide has generally been a great experience and I like the community.

Here comes the “but”

But what gives with the new rules on FNG posts about “specific areas being locked”

Ii’ve got to get to 100 comments to get out of fng status. I’ve been a membrer for a few years. Do we really useless comments racking up to get status

I drew a tag; askes for advice. There are 140 archrey / rifle elk tags in that unit per year. I’m not blowing up someones spot. Post was locked because i asked for specifics. Mod suggested I ask for recommendations on SW idaho instead. Doesn’t help much, sw idaho is big and diverse. Without unit specific info it’s all but useless.
I don't mind it being blocked as much as I mind the BS excuse that I can still ask for less specific info. Block it or dont.

I find it very as a very beneficial way to share info; specifically amongst out of staters. Don’t like that? Tough shit. Get off the internet. Go to your state about eliminating out of stste tags. Better yet convince them that you should be the only one to ever get tags; just you; all yours. If someone else posts or comments info on PUBLIC LAND THAT YOU DO NOT OWN; I have no sympathy for your stance.

What are we doing? You don’t want someone else using commenting; so you silence them? What is this? Liberals takeover? communist china? I don’t like what you might say so you can’t say it.

Surprised by want the hunting community is doing to itself.

Rant over.

Maverick1

WKR
Short rant.

I’m a rokslider; love the forum. Not an every day guy, but I buy some stuff, sell some stuff, research hunts, read gear articles, etc . Rokslide has generally been a great experience and I like the community.

Here comes the “but”

But what gives with the new rules on FNG posts about “specific areas being locked”

Ii’ve got to get to 100 comments to get out of fng status. I’ve been a membrer for a few years. Do we really useless comments racking up to get status

I drew a tag; askes for advice. There are 140 archrey / rifle elk tags in that unit per year. I’m not blowing up someones spot. Post was locked because i asked for specifics. Mod suggested I ask for recommendations on SW idaho instead. Doesn’t help much, sw idaho is big and diverse. Without unit specific info it’s all but useless.
I don't mind it being blocked as much as I mind the BS excuse that I can still ask for less specific info. Block it or dont.

I find it very as a very beneficial way to share info; specifically amongst out of staters. Don’t like that? Tough shit. Get off the internet. Go to your state about eliminating out of stste tags. Better yet convince them that you should be the only one to ever get tags; just you; all yours. If someone else posts or comments info on PUBLIC LAND THAT YOU DO NOT OWN; I have no sympathy for your stance.

What are we doing? You don’t want someone else using commenting; so you silence them? What is this? Liberals takeover? communist china? I don’t like what you might say so you can’t say it.

Surprised by want the hunting community is doing to itself.

Rant over.
Here is a link to the forum rules.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Spot burning is real.

There’s a whole lot of folks who show up once to ask about very specific units and never contribute. It gets old. The rules you are complaining about aren’t created out of thin air, there’s a reason. It isn’t BS.

Liberal takeover, china, tinfoil hats, seriously? I’d suggest just deleting this thread.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
The more sophisticated folks do searches and DM guys who spoke of certain units in the past. can bear fruit. Dm is where discussions should be had about specific units anyway for the most part.

@Rfogelman656 there are far better forums for chatting about specific hunts than RS. branch out.

This site is great for what it is and what it is not as well.

Last edited:
Maybe you should ask the local county search and rescues about when people find out about a hunting spot from this forum or others and they have to go rescue their asses when they get injured or lost and aren’t prepared.

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider
Do you know how the internet works? This stuff is out here *forever*. I wholeheartedly agree with the rule. There are a lot of tools in the tool box, drive up on a long weekend to camp and scout, call a wildlife officer in the area, and if you are really lost, hire a guide. This is how it worked for eternity up until a couple decades ago when people started asking and talking about such things in the internet, and units and spots have certainly been ruined because of it.

By mentioning a unit, or area in a unit, by name on the internet I will be screwing myself over, but also probably my kids, and their kids. It’s a bigger deal that it’s public land than if it were private. At least if it were private I could keep other people off of it. On public all bets are off.

People (especially people hunting out of state) search the internet far and wide for this stuff. I bet it is to the point that I could post a picture with 5-6 stud bulls or bucks in a couple different strategic places on the internet, name drop a national forest, and make a legitimate impact to what units people are applying for.

HoytHntr4

WKR
It’s one of the best rules that’s enforced here! The information is out there forever. You then get people that aren’t even members of the forum that find the thread via Google, get the information and never contribute. You also get everyone’s favorite, the guy with only a couple of posts that asks unit specific info and then never shows back up. I always love when a FNG bumps up a 2 or 3 year old thread from a guy digging for info asking “how’d your hunt go” and the guy who started the original thread hasn’t been back on the forum since he created the thread.

Thanks for the rant, I’m sure other forums will welcome you with open arms

Status
Not open for further replies.