New Rifle Suggestions

What's going on guys?

I'm looking for suggestions on a new big game rifle in 7mm rem mag. I'm looking at spending around $700-$800 or so. I may plan on eventually adding upgrades like stock, trigger and maybe eventually a barrel and brake but nothing immediate. I mainly bow hunt but am looking for a rifle to use for left over tags and what not. I was leaning towards a Rem 700 or possibly a Savage since those are the only two i have experience with, but I was looking for suggestions on others I dont know about. Ive been reading some stuff on here and the Tikka's seem to have quite a following but i know nothing about em. I was maybe even thinking about winchester or Cz as i have shot those in the past as well but i dont have any extended experience or knowledge with their larger calibers.

My dad has had a R700 7 mag since i was a kid and it was something Ive alwasy enjoyed shooting. I'm abrehensive though with purchasing a new Remington since from what ive read, their QC has gone down hill recently. Also a few years back I had a savage 7 mag with the heavy stainless fluted barrel and muzzle brake. Although the stock it had was crap it was very accurate. I liked it quite a bit but decided to sell it for something a little more light weight, but never ended up getting anything new.

So what do you guys think, should i go with what I know or try something new. I like the looks of the Tikka t3 lite with the stainless barrel but not sure i know enough about the gun to pick one up.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Frank P

Dammlm

FNG
Tikka is sweet. I have one in 300wsm. Smooth action, strong action. Stock is ok. I put a manners stock on mine. Can't go wrong. Use tally rings, not the ones it comes with.

AZ Vince

WKR
Since I couldn't find a left handed Model 70 in a caliber I wanted I briefly looked at the Tikka line, and they do come left handed if so inclined, but went with a Savage Long Range Hunter for myself. It had to be ordered by my dealer for the left hand action but it already comes with a muzzle brake.
The Model 70 is one I would seriously look at if you aren't left hand right brain afflicted. :) I can honestly say that the quality of what they are producing is the best they've ever made and it has CRF if you like that. Ruger is another option but they didn't make what I wanted as far as caliber. There are lots of choices these days and the quality is probably better, overall, when compared to models from yesteryear.

OP
FrankieP1988
A friend of mine has a model 70 in 300 mag with a hart barrel and muzzle brake, its super accurate and with the brake the recoil isnt really too noticable. Ive only shot it a couple of times but I liked it a lot but wasnt sure if i could afford something that nice... Looking at gun broker and their website they seem to have a few models in my price range, maybe ill just wait till tax refunds and increase my budget for something a little nicer... i know i want a 7 mag but the coyote lite in 300 wsm caught my eye :/, this is going to be a tough decision haha