New rifle choices

Well I wasn’t trying to kill the thread, savage wasn’t even on the OPs list 😂

To the OP, first off savage rifles aren’t bad at all, I’ve had an axis and I really liked it and it could really shoot. No excuses needed for an axis.

Also consider that your brain knows by feel what you’re doing with enough practice. Think different pieces of heavy equipment with different controls, or old right shift motorcycles vs new left shift bikes. After just a little practice you can swap back and forth and your brain makes the switch by feel. I don’t think you’ll have any issues with not having a matching pair of rifles in the 6.5 / 06. If you just think it’s cool to have them the same (and I think it would be) then that’s different.

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
You don’t have to use Weatherby ammo or components with the cartridges you’re looking at. Weatherby magnums can be a different story though.

For hunting I only use actions that lock the bolt on safe or have 3 position safeties because of a bad hunting experience in cold snowy weather and a Remington bolt that opened, ejected the round and got filled with dirty snow and pine needles. I recently purchased a Howa 1500 barreled action from Brownells in 6.5 PRC and ordered a Rokstock for it as well. They have 300 Win Mag as well that I think fits your intended purpose and criteria...ammo everywhere around the world, threaded barrel for a brake or brake/suppressor combo, a Rokstock will help with the recoil management and weight requirements, but I don't think the Rokstock offers an AICS option, but the barreled action comes with factory bottom metal. The 6.5 CM does well enough that I don't think 30-06 gives you anything extra. I might contact McMillan to see if they'll do an inlet that isn't on their list for their new hunting stock for a Howa 1500 or my M70 300 Win Mag.