New Phone Time

I went to the Apple store - 35 minutes - easy peasy. This the second time I have replaced a battery in an iphone. The other is a 6S Plus and it is still working perfect after the battery replacement.

I'm cheap as hell man...

Me too when it comes to something that already works pretty well. Did you have to call them in advance to make sure they had the battery in stock? My nearest Apple Store is 2 hours away…I’d hate to drive all the way into Spokane for them not to have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I really love our galaxy s22 ultras. We both had galaxy 8 actives so we were way overdue for new ones

BBob

WKR
It seems most people are either iPhone or Android but not both. I’m iPhone. Personal phone has been iPhone since the 4’s and business was Android for 5 years or more. I get along fine with iPhone but hated all the Android’s. Currently personal is a new 14 Pro Max and business on a X. Pro Max has great cameras and very good battery life. I get up to three days between charges on the Pro Max.

Beendare

WKR
You are either an Apple person…or not.

I upgraded from the 12 to the 14…just because.

The 14 isn’t much of an upgrade in that case…but from an older model it will be significant

ODB

WKR
Me too when it comes to something that already works pretty well. Did you have to call them in advance to make sure they had the battery in stock? My nearest Apple Store is 2 hours away…I’d hate to drive all the way into Spokane for them not to have it

I scheduled it from the apple website. Since they know my phone model i presume they are also checking stock on the back end, else it would make them look like fools.

Do yourself a favor and if you decide to make an appointment, run the diagnostics via the link they send you. It will speed up the process once you get to the store. You can look up the battery health any time, but the diagnostics will confirm it for the apple techs. My interaction with staff was less than 5 minutes each time. Easy.

Oh. And back up your phone just in case. In neither instance was my data harmed though. And no, they didn’t ask for my password or to unlock the phone.

I scheduled it from the apple website. Since they know my phone model i presume they are also checking stock on the back end, else it would make them look like fools.

Do yourself a favor and if you decide to make an appointment, run the diagnostics via the link they send you. It will speed up the process once you get to the store. You can look up the battery health any time, but the diagnostics will confirm it for the apple techs. My interaction with staff was less than 5 minutes each time. Easy.

Oh. And back up your phone just in case. In neither instance was my data harmed though. And no, they didn’t ask for my password or to unlock the phone.

Awesome thanks for the info man, waaaaay cheaper than a new phone.

Reactions: ODB

Broomd

WKR
If any of you guys are looking to move the Iphone 11, 12, 13 reasonably, let me know.

My 6 Plus is getting old and I'm looking to upgrade.

CorbLand

WKR
@ODB at what level did you replace your battery? Do you remember? My battery life is starting to get bad but according to the phone is at 76%.

I had an Android, S5 I think and really liked it. It fell off the couch onto the padded carpet and cracked the screen. Not the glass on the front but the screen behind the glass. I went back to an Apple and have beat the crap out of both my 5S and 8. Never had issues with either of them and I drop mine all the time.

Rob5589

WKR
What version(s) do they have, and what kinds of things frustrate them?
Wifes is only about 6 months old, daughter has her previous gen, so not old. Charging issues, messaging, difficultly separating the iphone accounts. Sorry can't be more detailed, I just here them complaining mostly 😆

ODB

WKR
@ODB at what level did you replace your battery? Do you remember? My battery life is starting to get bad but according to the phone is at 76%.

I had an Android, S5 I think and really liked it. It fell off the couch onto the padded carpet and cracked the screen. Not the glass on the front but the screen behind the glass. I went back to an Apple and have beat the crap out of both my 5S and 8. Never had issues with either of them and I drop mine all the time.

Yes - it was at 80%. I could have nursed it longer BUT the problem wasn't that the OVERALL charge lasted less time, but that once it hit about 30% it would drop off a cliff and die very fast - like within 20 minutes or so.

My 6S that I mentioned I also replaced is at 80%, but there is no cliff - just a shorter overall usage time. I only use it for music and kind of an internet radio so I don't care. Just saying the batteries can have different personalities that require different responses.

CorbLand

WKR
Yes - it was at 80%. I could have nursed it longer BUT the problem wasn't that the OVERALL charge lasted less time, but that once it hit about 30% it would drop off a cliff and die very fast - like within 20 minutes or so.

My 6S that I mentioned I also replaced is at 80%, but there is no cliff - just a shorter overall usage time. I only use it for music and kind of an internet radio so I don't care. Just saying the batteries can have different personalities that require different responses.
Mine burns to about 20% pretty quick and then last a fair amount of time. I will keep nursing it for a bit and go from there.

Reactions: ODB
OP
T

tony

WKR
Appreciate it fellas.
Talking it all into consideration

Honestly I'd love to have my old blackberry back, that was a cool device.

ODB

WKR
Appreciate it fellas.
Talking it all into consideration

I hear you loud and clear. I had a Bold for a long time and it was an awesome phone. Just enough tech to keep you in touch without hacking the dopamine

BBob

WKR
You and me both. Too bad the newer ones ran on Android. I'd love to have that keyboard and trackball back. My large calloused fingers don't work well on these touchscreens.

prm

WKR
I had Apple, tried an Android a couple years ago, didn’t like it. Things just work on the iPhone. And, the way it works seamlessly with my iPad is very nice. I prefer smaller phones so the 12 mini works well for me.