New Peax Teepee + Stove

sneaky

"DADDY"
I saw it on Destination Elk but zero details on it. You'd think they would be pumping out details on it. Guess they're waiting on the shipment to come in from overseas before releasing details

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
I know nothing about this shelter, but I bought an $80 PEAX headlamp this year. My buddy whom I consider “in the know” laughed, and sent me an Alibaba link with the exact same headlamp for $7. Needless to say I returned it.

He said they’re notorious around Bozeman (?) for rebranded cheap Chinese shit and selling it for a wild markup. I’ll be staying away from them.

wnelson14

WKR
I know nothing about this shelter, but I bought an $80 PEAX headlamp this year. My buddy whom I consider “in the know” laughed, and sent me an Alibaba link with the exact same headlamp for $7. Needless to say I returned it.

He said they’re notorious around Bozeman (?) for rebranded cheap Chinese shit and selling it for a wild markup. I’ll be staying away from them.
I heard and did the exact same with the trekking poles.

No way? My peax headlamp is supposed to be here Thursday. That’s a real lowlife move if that’s true. Do you have the link to the $7 Chinese light? I don’t want it but I’d sure like to see it.

wnelson14

WKR
No way? My peax headlamp is supposed to be here Thursday. That’s a real lowlife move if that’s true. Do you have the link to the $7 Chinese light? I don’t want it but I’d sure like to see it.

Not sure if this is the exact one but took all of 20 seconds to find, lol

Even when you goggle peax headlamp, second website on my algorithm layout is Alibaba and also has one on Amazon for $30 that looks exactly the same

Not sure if this is the exact one but took all of 20 seconds to find, lol

Even when you goggle peax headlamp, second website on my algorithm layout is Alibaba and also has one on Amazon for $30 that looks exactly the same

I have the sofrin version of this. There is a long thread about the peax headlamp if you look around. It isn’t the same. Does look like it though. But no red light on mine at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider

It looks like the Alibaba link has updated the lenses since I looked a few months ago, but they were a dead ringer in August.

You can just tell by handling the light that it’s cheap Chinese crap. I would return it asap.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
So…..the peax headlamp (which I do not own, I have the sofrin version) has a different battery, a different led, and different control board. I’m not really a Peax fan, but it simply isn’t the same. As far as the sofrin version - it’s rechargeable, powerful leds with good light, so in my use it has been pretty sweet. Especially for the $19 it cost. Looks and “are” the same can be different of course, which is what I think you see here?

Based on what’s come out with the gaiters, etc - I think it’s fair to say they certainly have some development work into the products….but WHERE that product comes from for samples and production etc; no argument or defense from me. Kind of predisposed not to like peax just due to their association with Gritty. Although since he’s went partly brand agnostic, his stuff has seemed a lot better. Still way too much product pushing for my taste, but dude’s got to eat!

Fish_monger

Lil-Rokslider
So…..the peax headlamp (which I do not own, I have the sofrin version) has a different battery, a different led, and different control board. I’m not really a Peax fan, but it simply isn’t the same. As far as the sofrin version - it’s rechargeable, powerful leds with good light, so in my use it has been pretty sweet. Especially for the $19 it cost. Looks and “are” the same can be different of course, which is what I think you see here?

When I looked a few months ago I’m fairly sure it was an exact match. it even had a sample logo similar to PEAX printed on the lamp body and band that Alibaba would include with a purchase of 500+ units.

Apologies for derailing this thread.

Gonna be a tough sale for Peax to compete with Seek Outside both on price and quality. I've seen some of their pricing on trekking poles and it's ridiculously high compared to the competition. From the few podcasts they participated in the company owner(s) seem honest and hard working. They just need to get "real" with their pricing and quality if they expect to survive in a very competitive outdoor gear market. Just my 2 cents.

TheTone

WKR
I know peax gets real defensive if you bring up that you can buy the headlamp significantly cheaper other places. As someone else said I won’t buy from them due to the influencers they choose to use and support. I think it’s safe to assume they don’t have any manufacturing that is there own and are essentially a name slapped on stuff other companies produce

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting thread....waiting delivery of my Peax headlamp to see how it compares to others. Heard about their tent, curious to see how it performs....are they producing a stove as well?