New Packs from Kifaru 2024

Kentucky

WKR
Thanks…the more I look at bag, the more I like it… but that opening should have zipped at least 1/2 way down…I liked direction of hellbender, bedlam, looks like they abandon that train of thought…

So have all of the new packs been revealed at this point? I've been thinking about getting an urban ruck for EDC, but wanted to wait to see if anything new was released

stump06

WKR
I duuno---for hunting whitetails I use a Hellcat---If I need a little more organization I put a Sherman on it.
Can you post some pics? I picked up one this year to use as an early season whitetail pack

Taking a que from the Eberlestock play book I see :cool:
Eberlestock has had that section of the market under lockdown with patents forever. I really want a larger version of the mountain rambler with a zippered front panel access. I'm curious how that scabbard is going to integrate with large packs or if it's just meant to combine with the smaller day packs.

mjh

FNG
Can you post some pics? I picked up one this year to use as an early season whitetail pack
Only photos I have right now are the Hellcat with a Marsupial pouch--set up for upland birds and small game.

IMG_4839.jpg

IMG_4841.jpg

The Hellcat is my use all day hunting set up. Bowhunting, upland birds, small game. Perhaps turkey this spring. With basic supplies staying the same and then adjusting to the type of hunting being done.

Do you need an actual shelf?

If I remember correctly, you are a fan of the K4? Did you find any trouble with not having a shelf on that?
When it's all said and done, probably not. It's most likely just in my head but for some reason it's something I focus on. I did end up adding an Ark at the show. I put a Hellbender on it and will use this for simple day hunts. I really like the ease of use getting to the included shelf. My K4 is bigger and will be used when I need more room. I was never super impressed with the former Kifaru frame feel, but this one is a whole new ballgame. Heavy, that thing stuck to my back like a glove.

sndmn11

WKR
When it's all said and done, probably not. It's most likely just in my head but for some reason it's something I focus on. I did end up adding an Ark at the show. I put a Hellbender on it and will use this for simple day hunts. I really like the ease of use getting to the included shelf. My K4 is bigger and will be used when I need more room. I was never super impressed with the former Kifaru frame feel, but this one is a whole new ballgame. Heavy, that thing stuck to my back like a glove.
So you walked away with an Ark?

I think @Ucsdryder is doing an Ark vs Duplex (possibly vs others) comparison so I'll get to fiddle with one more. What I tried at the show wasn't comfortable and there was a lot of backwards leverage. I believe the first reason if have addressed would have been examining if the shoulder straps were set up correctly for me, then stay height, then just my preference as I've never liked the two vertical pads sitting on my lats. I am also use to my SO revolution frame at 28".

Could a person use a grab it for a "meat shelf" in between frame and pack just as SG, SO, and Exo's crib function?

Bender

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Sndmn11 - Yes, you can run the Load sling behind the bags on the ARK as a load shelf and you can adjust it up higher to the bottom of the SS tracks if you need to get your load higher.

StuckoYota - Yes, Glen had the rifle carry game locked down for a while. Been working on this scabbard for 5 years now and I think you guys will like the ability for it to pair with any of our frames and bags. We will have more info coming soon.

So you walked away with an Ark?

I think @Ucsdryder is doing an Ark vs Duplex (possibly vs others) comparison so I'll get to fiddle with one more. What I tried at the show wasn't comfortable and there was a lot of backwards leverage. I believe the first reason if have addressed would have been examining if the shoulder straps were set up correctly for me, then stay height, then just my preference as I've never liked the two vertical pads sitting on my lats. I am also use to my SO revolution frame at 28".

Could a person use a grab it for a "meat shelf" in between frame and pack just as SG, SO, and Exo's crib function?
I did. They loaded it up with 80 pounds and I did some moving around, probably looking like I was having a seizure, and it really worked for me. I would think a grabit would be a good solution. I just really liked the Hellbender method as it's a few buckles and open an Xpac meat shelf. I have the crib panel on my K4 though I have yet to get to carry any meat out on it.

prm

WKR
Even with the Stryker, I still attach the meat to the frame up higher than “shelf”. Of course if its a large load the shelf does add support.
I look forward to trying the Ark with my Stryker. Still waiting on a shipping notice…

You cant mount meat up as high as you want on the stryker with a grab it and cinch the stryker XLs bottom compression strap as well. The side compression straps on the bag itself keep the load from sliding out. Im not sure how youd do it on a hellbender because it doesnt have molle, but Im sure theres a way. I had both the stryker xl and hellbender and mostly kept the stryker xl because of the bladder pocket on the frame side of the sling and the molle panel. The way I have it connected in the pic gets it up from the bottom of the sling about 6".

I like that the new grab it has vertical daisy chains (Im sewing some on my grab it as we speak) so you can run a compression across the middle and it can only slide to the next bartac.

Edit with daisy chains added to grab it.

Attachments

• IMG_4651.jpeg
    IMG_4651.jpeg
    309.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4653.jpeg
    IMG_4653.jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

prm

WKR
I just use two compression straps to hold meat to frame with the stryker. Connect the straps to the loops on the frame. The pack adds a little stability, but is not the main support.

JNDEER

WKR

Still waiting for more real world reviews- but I think this pic showcases my initial concerns of the new frame height. Looks to be an average guy (5’10”).. with a heavy load (leaning forward in pic) and you can clearly see he has almost zero load lifter lift! Assuming it’s a 25” frame- that’s disappointing for me being taller and needing a taller frame height.

Still waiting for more real world reviews- but I think this pic showcases my initial concerns of the new frame height. Looks to be an average guy (5’10”).. with a heavy load (leaning forward in pic) and you can clearly see he has almost zero load lifter lift! Assuming it’s a 25” frame- that’s disappointing for me being taller and needing a taller frame height.

I’m a big fan of high load lifter height. My Ark/KU combo should get here next week if customs doesn’t hold it.

I’ll load it up with my 60lb ruck plate and all my gear to mimic a normal 100lb pack out.

krisn416

WKR
Some good preliminary info in here:

Also, the Duplex Lite 24” and Ark 25” are the same height side by side.

Some good preliminary info in here:

Also, the Duplex Lite 24” and Ark 25” are the same height side by side.
I get the sneaking suspicion this things going to be too short for the tall folk

After asking what the heck is going on I had a label generated yesterday to finally get mine shipped.
Just have to wait and see in the coming weeks how it turns out.