New pack suggestions

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
As mentioned above try the stiffer lumbar pad, it made a big difference for my K3. I’ve owned all the major pack brands mentioned. The K3 with stiffer lumbar pad works well for me.
Also, check out the new K4 coming out in March.

Kenai_dtracker

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a tall guy with really no butt to speak of, and had to get rid of my Metcalf, because it kept slipping with weight. I bought the SG 5900 and Kifaru Reckoning to test, and the SG arrived three weeks before the Kifaru bag, so I fell in love with that one first. Both fit me way better than the MR.

OP
J
As mentioned above try the stiffer lumbar pad, it made a big difference for my K3. I’ve owned all the major pack brands mentioned. The K3 with stiffer lumbar pad works well for me.
Also, check out the new K4 coming out in March.
I saw the new K4 frame but I am not sure what the difference is, I know the waist belt looks larger and is setup to expand in the future but I am not sure the internals that have changed

OP
J
I’m a tall guy with really no butt to speak of, and had to get rid of my Metcalf, because it kept slipping with weight. I bought the SG 5900 and Kifaru Reckoning to test, and the SG arrived three weeks before the Kifaru bag, so I fell in love with that one first. Both fit me way better than the MR.
I will try to get to scheels early next week and try a SG, I just have a hard time liking the bags BUT if the frame rides good then I will suck it up haha

Highlands Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I saw the new K4 frame but I am not sure what the difference is, I know the waist belt looks larger and is setup to expand in the future but I am not sure the internals that have changed
The frame, lumbar pad, and belt are all new. You can check it out on the K4 thread.

Slipping down, it doesn't move side to side when empty or under load.

If an EXO slips down, my bet would be others do as well. Move above the hip bones and pull it tight, but also make sure you shorten shoulder strap point when heavy per EXO recommendations. I'm guessing you probably tried this, but maybe haven't shortened stap attach point.

OP
J
If an EXO slips down, my bet would be others do as well. Move above the hip bones and pull it tight, but also make sure you shorten shoulder strap point when heavy per EXO recommendations. I'm guessing you probably tried this, but maybe haven't shortened stap attach point.
I have not shortened shoulder strap points, I will take a look into this.

That alone could make all the difference, and I bet it will… try that asap

Some packs just don’t fit some people well, so you could be in that category as well, but shortening the shoulder straps could be a game changer… if I lengthen mine too much, weight will 100% slip

For heavy loads they recommend moving the strap torso attach points up 2", which shortens the strap/torso geometry to counteract the settling caused by really heavy loads. Watch the EXO video on pack fitting. They have a great series of videos addressing virtually all pack scenarios.

OP
J
For heavy loads they recommend moving the strap torso attach points up 2", which shortens the strap/torso geometry to counteract the settling caused by really heavy loads. Watch the EXO video on pack fitting. They have a great series of videos addressing virtually all pack scenarios.
Thank you for the video link

I agree with a phone call. Just to cover all possibilities. I love my Exo bags but Kifaru has the best lumbar pad, hands down.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Same here. 6’1” and my back just keeps on going haha. Zero ass. The packs that fits me the best and has next to zero slippage are the stone glacier for hunting, and Osprey for backpacking/scouting.

TheHammer

WKR
Has anyone tried and compared the initial accent packs? My MR packs fit me overall the best compared to everything else mentioned. But there are things I think other companies do better.

OP
J
Has anyone tried and compared the initial accent packs? My MR packs fit me overall the best compared to everything else mentioned. But there are things I think other companies do better.

My buddy uses Initial accent and loves it, that’s what he was using while we were in Colorado this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renagde

WKR
I currently have the EXO K3 1800 and 3200 packs and for the life of me can't get the frame to stop slipping on me so I am looking to get a new pack setup. I hunt mostly whitetail / hog here in Texas but do travel for hunts as well. I am currently looking at the Kifaru stryker XL with add ons but wanted to get some suggestions / input as well.
I don't think one pack fits everyone. But in my experience, I've had problems with the Stone Glacier and the Exo slipping and just not feeling right. I used a Kifaru for a few years prior to the K3. I loved the pack but wanted to try something different so sold it for a K3. Used that for about 1 1/2 years and ended up selling it and going back to the Kifaru. I just couldn't get it as comfortable as my Kifaru. To me, nothing is as comfortable as my Kifaru. Currently, I'm using the Duplex Ultralite frame with a Straight Jacket bag and a Bane on the front. My switch that out for a Stryker XL or a Hellbender at some point but for now, I like my setup. I don't know about the K4, but I for one won't be selling my Kifaru to try a Exo again.