New one

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Just took delivery of this GAP Non-typical chambered in .308. 24" #3 contour Bartlein 5R barrel, McMillan Edge stock, and for now at least, a 2.5 X 10 30 mm. Nikon tactical scope in Seekins aluminum rings, mounted on the GAP rail. I'll change that out later for hunting since it's so heavy. Weighs 7 1/2 lbs un-scoped with the rail so it's not a lightweight, but not a heavyweight either:

DSCN1757.jpg

DSCN1763.jpg

OP
P

philw

Lil-Rokslider
Either a VX-3 3.5 X 10 X 40 with an M-1 turret (most likely) of a Zeiss Conquest 3 X 9 with one of their turrets. I may change out the rail/rings for Talley lightweights too.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Have you condsidered a ballistic reticle scope? I think a Swarovski Z3 w/ BRH would be a good match. They are quite lightweight.

OP
P

philw

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple Kahle's 3 X 9's with ballistic reticles so I'd considered that, but this rifle will likely be one of my most accurate so I'll be shooting long range (>500)with it. For that I prefer a turret.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I have a couple Kahle's 3 X 9's with ballistic reticles so I'd considered that, but this rifle will likely be one of my most accurate so I'll be shooting long range (>500)with it. For that I prefer a turret.

I see. In that case you might want to look at Vortex Viper HS or PST or the Sightron S3. Both of these have better turrets than the M1 and are available in MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA variations. Also the Vortex has constant eye relief, so you can save yourself the VX3's variable eye relief.

BigSurArcher

Banned
Beauty! I've been threatening to order a GA Non-Typical for over a year now. Maybe I'll just do it and consider it my college grad gift to myself. How long was your wait?

OP
P

philw

Lil-Rokslider
I see. In that case you might want to look at Vortex Viper HS or PST or the Sightron S3.

Thanks for the advice. I have both the aforementioned scopes in my safe, and have been happy with them. Also, a Z-3 with a ballistic turret, that may get the nod.

Last edited: