New Mexico Elk Tag - Mail

Anybody receive their NM elk tag in the mail yet? I believe they should have mailed in late May.

I have not received mine yet.

Speck1

Lil-Rokslider
I have not received elk or deer yet either. They were supposed to start mailing them May 20th.

mike123

FNG
It's gonna be awhile, we have several July oryx hunters haven't received their tags yet so that tells me the elk tags will be at least 2-4 weeks out. For what it's worth, spring turkey tags were mailed from an Illinois zip code so it looks like nm g&f has outsourced the tag printing and mailing

LCguy

FNG
Haven't received elk or deer. Called G&F last week and they said they were mailing Youth tags first and then all others after that.

fmyth

WKR
What’s the hurry? You can’t start hunting elk until Sept 1 archery at the earliest.
Nothing wrong with checking to see if others have received their tags yet. The post office managed to lose my WY deer tag and my Colorado elk tag last year. I'd rather know there is a problem now than wait til the week before my hunt begins.

Switched to doing ETag's awhile ago.

I would imagine June offrange oryx hunters didn't have the option to do paper tags?

You can forget your paper tag at home, you will never forget your phone...

Last week, my account showed that my tag had been mailed. Anxiously waiting. My first tag in my first drawing. Unit 34, a dream hunt for me! I will use the E tag hereafter, now that I know how to make it work while out of cell service.

NMBigGame

FNG
Even with Etag you still have to make a handwritten tag to put on carcass. Could cut some notches in that for nostalgia.

Premake a tag so I can notch it in the field. I like your thinking! Last year pulling out the sharpie just didn't feel the same.