New Mexico Antelope Outfitter Recommendations

npro04

Lil-Rokslider
So a little back story. I’ve been to Wyoming twice and took dad with me once. Both trips I shot what I’d call average bucks and dad shot a decent one last year. I’d really like to get him into the 70”+ range. Something that’s a true trophy. With his age drawing a trophy unit in Wyoming just isn’t in the cards. I think my best option is going to be an outfitter in New Mexico utilizing the land owner voucher so we could more or less buy our way in. So what I’m looking for is any first hand experiences or recommendations to land on the right outfitter than can get us onto the right land with the right animals in the 70”+ range with the perfect situation being getting dad on a true b&c goat. So I turn to you guys that have helped me so much from gear picks to tactics to everything to help me get the right outfitter. Thanks in advance guys.

I’d call Prognhorn Guide Service and talk with them about options. No one consistently kills more high quality antelope than they do.

I’ll definetly give them a call. Looks like they are certainly getting on the caliber of animal we’re looking for.

You may want to give Keith Williams a call at southwest big game brokerage. I have not hunted antelope with him, but I hunted elk and my dad hunted deer last year with him. Both times we felt like he was straight up on how he represented the hunts. I believe most of his antelope hunts are in the eastern portion of the state.

Has anyone used Kiowa outfitters - im also looking for an antelope hunt in north eastern NM?

Has anyone used Kiowa outfitters - im also looking for an antelope hunt in north eastern NM?
Be careful with them. Ran into some shady guides that work for them. Now the guides might have been out freelancing but just make sure to know the names of the properties and keep an eye on onx.

Be careful with them. Ran into some shady guides that work for them. Now the guides might have been out freelancing but just make sure to know the names of the properties and keep an eye on onx.
Great info - appreciate you sharing. Maybe I'll go with someone else

Great info - appreciate you sharing. Maybe I'll go with someone else
Honestly if you are wanting to hunt those NE units I wouldn’t mess with a guide. The bucks are all about the same trophy size and permissions are fairly easy to get.

I have hunted with Kiowa for Elk in CO in the past. I don't see anything concerning about them at all. Good to deal with and good guides. Top Notch, really

I have also elk hunted with Kiowa Outfitters and had a very positive experience.
Like I said the guides might have been freelancing but I have had run-ins with them on properties they had no permission to be on while the guides had clients. Hopefully it was a batch of bad eggs but it sure put a bad taste in my mouth.

Back