New member: Arizona

Hi everyone. New member. I'm in Phoenix area. I have a late season archery bull elk tag in AZ Unit 23 this year. Been scouting. Lots of miles and days hiking. Hunted muley's during summer OTC recently. Saw tons of doe's and only a couple small bucks. So struck out this summer. Have winter OTC to try again... A cool mushroom pic while hunting. I ate it. Saw a leprechaun later. The two facts are unrelated. ;) Good luck everyone on this year's hunts! wht mtns august.jpg

fmyth

WKR
Hi everyone. New member. I'm in Phoenix area. I have a late season archery bull elk tag in AZ Unit 23 this year. Been scouting. Lots of miles and days hiking. Hunted muley's during summer OTC recently. Saw tons of doe's and only a couple small bucks. So struck out this summer. Have winter OTC to try again... A cool mushroom pic while hunting. I ate it. Saw a leprechaun later. The two facts are unrelated. ;) Good luck everyone on this year's hunts! View attachment 765501
That's an Amanita Muscaria commonly known as Fly agaric. Not an edible. Probably won't kill you but the hallucinations would not be worth the explosive diahrrhea, vomiting and chance of liver failure.

OP
Arizona_archer73
I'd definitely have not risked eating one. The only mushroom I've ever picked and eaten is morels; which we hunted every spring in Ohio- where I grew up.

fmyth

WKR
I'd definitely have not risked eating one. The only mushroom I've ever picked and eaten is morels; which we hunted every spring in Ohio- where I grew up.
I grew up in MO hunting morels. I've been in the EV of AZ 15 years now and during the summer I go up to the White Mountains and search for chanterelles, boletes, lobster, oyster and caesar mushrooms.