New Kifaru wood stove????

You mean vertical like this?
This is a stove my brother built a few years ago. Same weight as current Kifaru Medium stove. All stainless, nearly airtight and burns forever. Has a unique bottom damper that pulls air directly into the fire.

Attachments

• IMG_1272.jpg
    IMG_1272.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 270

armyjoe

Super Moderator
Well guys, I have a photo of the new stove. Its a teaser photo because it doesn't give a ton away. I have two more but will post when I get them on my computer from my camera. This stove was the FIRST hand made stove and not what production will look like. This was the tester that Aron and I tried out. The production stove is very refined and smooth looking.

SAM_0403.jpg

Hardstalk

WKR
Well guys, I have a photo of the new stove. Its a teaser photo because it doesn't give a ton away. I have two more but will post when I get them on my computer from my camera. This stove was the FIRST hand made stove and not what production will look like. This was the tester that Aron and I tried out. The production stove is very refined and smooth looking.

View attachment 8113

Is the fella in the backround taking a photo. Or did you just incriminate someone...

littlebuf

Banned
that would be pretty easy to make, I may just have to talk to my sheet metal guy..

armyjoe

Super Moderator
HAHAHA holy shit i never noticed that. Definitely looks incriminating for Aron. WOW! He was taking a photo! :D

armyjoe

Super Moderator
that would be pretty easy to make, I may just have to talk to my sheet metal guy..

I am 100% sure this isn't easy to make (i know the whole process and how it works) and based off this photo you really can't tell the full design. So good luck there buddy

groc426

FNG
You mean vertical like this?
This is a stove my brother built a few years ago. Same weight as current Kifaru Medium stove. All stainless, nearly airtight and burns forever. Has a unique bottom damper that pulls air directly into the fire.

Looks like your brother did a great job at building that stove. Very nice!

littlebuf

Banned
I am 100% sure this isn't easy to make (i know the whole process and how it works) and based off this photo you really can't tell the full design. So good luck there buddy

easy is a relative term, Im a superintendent for a big construction company and I deal with lots of custom sheet metal work and have a pretty good fabricator. I guarantee a sheet metal guy (to some degree) made that. and if one can do it ,another can.just comes down to proper material and gauge metal. only reason I commented is it never really dawned on me until I looked at that photo just then. but thanks for the well wishes there...buddy

Sea37

FNG
It would probably cost more to build your own than to just buy one. I have a sheet metal shop at my disposal and just the material cost for a one off build wouldn't be worth it.

littlebuf

Banned
It would probably cost more to build your own than to just buy one. I have a sheet metal shop at my disposal and just the material cost for a one off build wouldn't be worth it.

could be 100% right on that. often times DIY ventures end up being
cost prohibitive. like I said it just kinda dawned on me that its just sheet metal configured in a way that it breaks down small and light

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I made it :) and I was a glazier/ironworker.

Like Joe said, it can be done, but no sheet metal worker s going to be able to get it done like the final product.
easy is a relative term, Im a superintendent for a big construction company and I deal with lots of custom sheet metal work and have a pretty good fabricator. I guarantee a sheet metal guy (to some degree) made that. and if one can do it ,another can.just comes down to proper material and gauge metal. only reason I commented is it never really dawned on me until I looked at that photo just then. but thanks for the well wishes there...buddy

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You're kinda right, but there's A LOT of stamping involved, and that's why you can't whip one up at home (we tried) and it comes out way heavier that way.
could be 100% right on that. often times DIY ventures end up being
cost prohibitive. like I said it just kinda dawned on me that its just sheet metal configured in a way that it breaks down small and light

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Cool stove!

Looks like the body is titanium? It would be cool if it rolled up with the pipe.

Heather Stomper,

That is an awesome DIY stove, too!

littlebuf

Banned
You're kinda right, but there's A LOT of stamping involved, and that's why you can't whip one up at home (we tried) and it comes out way heavier that way.

oh this is obviously above just a backyard project, I wasn't trying to imply that. some guys have more resources available to them, I happen to. a sheet metal shop with some sophisticated equipment and a shop manager that likes to keep picking up work from me can go a long way to making trick little projects. I personally don't have a real big desire to pack a stove (nor the proper tent for one) so paying the retail price on one doesn't interest me at all. making up a UL one on the cheap (again calling in favors) could be kind of a fun project though

Ironman

Lil-Rokslider
I made it :) and I was a glazier/ironworker.

Like Joe said, it can be done, but no sheet metal worker s going to be able to get it done like the final product.

Yeah, but glazier/ironworkers usually know a hell of a lot more than superintendents ever will.

dotman

WKR
My guess is all packed up it will be similar in size to the ti-goat and everything rolls up together except for the end plates just like the ti-goat. Pretty freaking cool, what are the burn times? Maybe I missed it but what are the dimensions of the different sizes?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When you have time, give me a ring and I'll give you a couple ideas.
oh this is obviously above just a backyard project, I wasn't trying to imply that. some guys have more resources available to them, I happen to. a sheet metal shop with some sophisticated equipment and a shop manager that likes to keep picking up work from me can go a long way to making trick little projects. I personally don't have a real big desire to pack a stove (nor the proper tent for one) so paying the retail price on one doesn't interest me at all. making up a UL one on the cheap (again calling in favors) could be kind of a fun project though