NEW Kifaru Frame & Suspension Review

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
There's a new attachment point at the bottom section of the frame that will allow the shoulder straps to attach. It's located near the ladder lock, but doesn't affect the performance of either system.

Appreciate the video! When you run the frame without a belt, where do the lower portion of the shoulder straps connect? The belt delta strap ladder loc?

I have also been testing this frame. I've used it two to three times a week training with weight ranging 15 to 80 pounds for months. Previously I had run the Duplex exclusively. My test model was the Hunting Version with Carbon Flat back stays. I've also ran the carbon arrows for awhile.

Firstly let me just straight up say no BS this frame kicks ass, and you need one to replace your duplex.
1.) it's more comfortable. (Thicker shoulder pads and comfy material on the frame.)
2.) it's way easier to adjust to fit an individual, and can be done with the bag on the frame.
3.) it's lighter and retains the rigidity of the original.

This frame is the hands down my favorite new innovation from Aron and the team at Kifaru. It's been hard to keep my mouth shut for months, but cats out of the bag now. Nice review Doug, and now you need to trade me your 12's for my 10's haha.

Shrek

WKR
Looks great ! Thanks for the review Doug. Lots of refinements of the Duplex concept. Should work excellent with even more and easier adjustments.

2db93a6ea5d37648aab672f06c54c069.jpg

Gotta love how easy this frame is to adjust.
6280c982cb090d8336794e054598c2a7.jpg

Me testing the pack on a backcountry turkey hunt. Had about 70 pounds in the back, because I had to pack my own water in.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

Here's a couple more photos of the new frame in the testing phase. If you look at the photo of Billy and I, you'll see the difference (if you look hard enough) between his frame (the older version) and my prototype. I'm using the UL version for all the photos.

The first Idaho hunt I was on, I packed out the entire bear and gear with the UL version (sorry no photos of it on my back...I was solo). I would guess it was in the 120+ range.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
^^
That UL version is gonna kick a$$. Did you say the UL version was for guys who want flat back stays?

Is the video on Vimeo or YouTube? I never have sound with videos on the Rok

Vimeo for some reason starts at a 0 volume when embedded on rok sometimes. There are 5 vertical bars between the progress/seek bar and the HD icon, they should be all blue but are most likely gray for you. Click the farthest right bar and they will all turn blue and you should have sound.

oldgoat

WKR
Is this going to replace the duplex?
Yeah I'm curious about this too, the audio on the video was to low in volume on my phone to hear if this was covered. I just ordered a duplex week before last and am curious what I'm getting.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
For the most part, yes, but my friend has a huge ass (no homo) and he prefers the arrows over the stays.

So most flat back guys are going to be able to use the arrows/UL version, but it will work for standard guys as well.
^^
That UL version is gonna kick a$$. Did you say the UL version was for guys who want flat back stays?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The UL and hunting frame are the exact same.....the UL comes with arrows and the hunting comes with composite stays.....so all you would nee to do is add composite to your order (if you order the UL version) and you've got the choice for either system.
Is it possible to swap arrows into the hunting frame or will they only work in the UL frame?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You'll get exactly what you ordered (the Duplex we've been selling)

The new version will be on the site next week and available to order at that time.
Yeah I'm curious about this too, the audio on the video was to low in volume on my phone to hear if this was covered. I just ordered a duplex week before last and am curious what I'm getting.

Thanks for the quick responses Aron. Pretty sure I'm not the only one hitting refresh every min or so for the latest updates.

1morehill

FNG
I too have been testing this frame in Canada , don't know what I can add as Rosinbag gave an incredibly detailed review. I hiked this frame around 80 miles in 2 days and was beyond impressed with the weight and design . The padding in this frame is incredible and extremely lightweight , defiantly a a huge score for Aron and Kifaru , hoping that all my fellow Canadian hunters will make the leap to a truly impressive frame !!!

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've got my daughter in town, but we will knock a few videos out tomorrow that explains the reasons why we've changed some of the different things from the original.

OP
RosinBag

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will throw out to anyone in my area, Northern California, Sacramento area, if you want to stop by and see it or test out just get in touch with me and we can figure something out.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
This frame is basically a Duplex, so I'm guessing the new version will be preferred and there will be no need to offer the older version.

I could be wrong though, but with the tactical, hunting and UL version of the new model, it covers pretty much everything.
Will the Duplex be carried forward indefinitely or is this new frame going to replace it?