New Iron Will Arrows

We won't be offering left helical this year. Not sure about next year.
Thank you for the response. I use your components and broadheads and im pretty well convinced they’re some of the best available. I usually build my own arrows but I’d love to have a machine fletch my arrows for me since it would be much more precise than I can do. I know there are a ton of people who would really appreciate a left helical option and I’m sure it would be quite popular. My buddies and I all run a left helical and it seems like almost everyone else I shoot with does too. Thank you for providing us with such great products. Can’t wait to see what you guys design next.

WoodBow

WKR
Sorry if i missed it, but what is the expected price for the 40 pack of vanes only?

msmith@ironwilloutfitters

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry if i missed it, but what is the expected price for the 40 pack of vanes only?

$19.95

ncavi8tor

WKR
They appear to be a Max Hunter Vane that is made out of the Hybrid material which doesn't require the primer pen. Same specs as the Max Hunter except for the weight. Hopefully AAE will start selling them in different colors eventually without the big logo.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
My guess would be stiffer material for less sound in flight. I like max hunters but went to stealths because they are so loud, definitely have a hiss.
It was all about not having to use a primer pen on the base before machine fletching them

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yes, wind drift is a function of the total side profile of the arrow assembly. Drag is a function of the front on surface area initially, but once the arrow is up to rotational speed it seems to be dominated by the total surface area of the vane but also height to a lesser degree. Our findings on noise were not what we expected and we are still sorting out what factors cause high and low noise.
When are you going to run these same tests with Aerovanes from Firenock? I've fletched hundreds of dozens of arrows over the years, and there's nothing even remotely close on the market to being as quiet as those in flight. Machine fletching isn't going to happen with those, so I can understand that from a mass production standpoint. You and Dorge could have quite the interesting conversation on vane dynamics.

I think there is a need for an improved lighted nock for long range accuracy and reliability. I've been working on it. There are things I don't like about everyone I've tested so far.

Played with Firenock?

I'm with you on pretty much all light up nocks being junk, but have been impressed with the Firenocks I have played with for others. Price is the thing that sucks about them. I didn't find anything wrong with them otherwise, but it could be I missed something.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Played with Firenock?

I'm with you on pretty much all light up nocks being junk, but have been impressed with the Firenocks I have played with for others. Price is the thing that sucks about them. I didn't find anything wrong with them otherwise, but it could be I missed something.
Upfront cost certainly is high, but at least they're rebuildable.

Agree with above. Would be great to have Bill and Dorge have a conversation and put their heads together on an arrow build.

Trial153

WKR
I Fletched three BEA Spartans with IW vane. Shot them along with three Fletched with Max Stealth.
I shot groups at 40 and 60 with field points and Broadheads and both sets group the same for me within my margin of error.

CobraChicken

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to make a 4mm option in the future, but I don't expect to this year.
Digging up an old thread. Good testing knowledge here from a 4mm easton axis user along with your broadheads. 30 " draw, PSE Omen 2022, 28.5 inch ctc cut, 4 fletched with AAE hybrid 23s and a wrap. 95g outsert and using Iron will vented. Fly like darts with my field points. Clocking roughly 285 fps out of a 535g arrow. Love the broadheads. I havent been this confident in a setup in a while.

Zac

WKR
When are you going to run these same tests with Aerovanes from Firenock? I've fletched hundreds of dozens of arrows over the years, and there's nothing even remotely close on the market to being as quiet as those in flight. Machine fletching isn't going to happen with those, so I can understand that from a mass production standpoint. You and Dorge could have quite the interesting conversation on vane dynamics.

You have to have a very precise single bevel rotation to hold up to the rotation of the Aerovane. I'm not sure if the IW's bevels would be appropriate or not. I know that they will break the blades right off of most mechanical designs. The Aerovane is spinning around 80 -120 rotations every 20 yards, vs 8-12 for Blazer type configurations.

OP
Bill V

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You have to have a very precise single bevel rotation to hold up to the rotation of the Aerovane. I'm not sure if the IW's bevels would be appropriate or not. I know that they will break the blades right off of most mechanical designs. The Aerovane is spinning around 80 -120 rotations every 20 yards, vs 8-12 for Blazer type configurations.
I'll ask Dorge his thoughts, but I don't think you would want that much rotation on impact with a broadhead.

Reactions: Zac