New Hornady Aeromatch bullets

CMP70306

WKR
Are these just blatant copies of Bergers and SMK?

Nope, considering they already make bullets in those weights and have for decades it just appears they are now making BTHP bullets with the same sequential manufacturing process as the A-Tip bullets. With the 500 and 3000 count boxes it appears squarely aimed at high volume target shooters with the intent of buying a barrel life’s worth of bullets.

Mojave

WKR
I am really excited bout most of the new products.

But mostly the;
Aero Bullets
6mm Gay Tiger
trimmer
backcountry defense in 10mm.
aluminum loading tray

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Looks to be cost-effective match ammo for the competitive scene.

They certainly look very bergerish to me, hopefully they perform similarly, but are more available and at a better price point
I am quite excited about these,

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
Nope, considering they already make bullets in those weights and have for decades it just appears they are now making BTHP bullets with the same sequential manufacturing process as the A-Tip bullets. With the 500 and 3000 count boxes it appears squarely aimed at high volume target shooters with the intent of buying a barrel life’s worth of bullets.
Just a quick glance at the Hornady website, I don’t see where they were previously making 69gr or 77gr .22 cal bullets, and the others have different BC’s than their existing offerings. The Aeromatch 105 and 140 matches the berger hybrids BC. I think these are supposed to be something different than hornady’s current offerings.

Their video said they were trying to curb availability issues with other popular bullet styles from across the industry

They've been making a 77gr SMK look alike for Black hills for a little bit I believe.

I'm interested to see the pricing on these. Competition is good

eric1115

WKR
I saw that and it seems like they are taking SMK and Berger hybrid bullets and just making exact copies. Same BC, they come right out and say keep your load data and die settings.

I'm not sure exactly what the rules are on patenting bullet profiles, but how does this not violate IP law?

Lawnboi

WKR
105 and 140 are same profiles as it sounds of Berger hybrids. Which are some of the best bullets to shoot in those calibers when it comes to easy to load for.

I’m glad they are making them…. Copies? Yes they are, and they straight said they are making them because others can’t keep up.

If they can make them in volume at an affordable price, then that’s awesome to have another option. I highly doubt they maintain the consistency Berger does, but I’d shoot some.

Okie_Poke

FNG
I'm very curious if they licensed these things or if it's just okay to straight-up copy them. Anyway, I'll be interested to see if they can make them as available as their ELDM bullets. I shoot a lot of Hornady match bullets because they are easy to find on store shelves.

OP
TxLite

TxLite

WKR
105 and 140 are same profiles as it sounds of Berger hybrids. Which are some of the best bullets to shoot in those calibers when it comes to easy to load for.

I’m glad they are making them…. Copies? Yes they are, and they straight said they are making them because others can’t keep up.

If they can make them in volume at an affordable price, then that’s awesome to have another option. I highly doubt they maintain the consistency Berger does, but I’d shoot some.
Yeah I’m not mad at. Particularly with all the recent shortages. Just surprised to see blatant copies I guess

If they offer Berger performance for cheaper than Berger’s I’d imagine they do very well. Looking forward to seeing them expand their selection to the 180 and 215 hybrids