New Griff pup

You both got your dogs from the same breeder in Iowa I believe.
I got mine from Cliff at Coppershot Griffons in August 2021. He was welped on 6/23/2021. His mother was Coppershot's Jenta and the sire was Flatbrooks Walker.

Cliff sold the business to Troy (don't know his last name) and Coppershot is now operating out of Le Mars, IA. Troy is a talented trainer and updates the Coppershot Griffons Facebook page often with new content.

My first pup. I know it was only AKC’s JH pointer test (super easy) but the little guy got all 9’s and 10’s the other week so I was proud. You never know what’ll happen! Has his NAVHDA NA test next month and I hope it goes similarly well. I love how much personality griffs have. The dude is a trip.
View attachment 534269
I actually just looked at Troy's page. Is your pup Coppershot’s All About Scout?

Congratulations! I ran VHDF over the weekend. The pup blew up on the track but still managed a 59. I had been hoping for 64+ and we would have been there if I would have prepped him for the track a little more seriously. If you get a chance, I recommend looking into the VHDF. Their tests do give you and your breeder more information on their pups and their abilities.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations! I ran VHDF over the weekend. The pup blew up on the track but still managed a 59. I had been hoping for 64+ and we would have been there if I would have prepped him for the track a little more seriously. If you get a chance, I recommend looking into the VHDF. Their tests do give you and your breeder more information on their pups and their abilities.
I was looking at that before but didn’t see any in my area. Looks like they have one in PA in September that we could drive to. They don’t want a trained dog for the HAE test, though? Should I just skip that and go to the next level? I’m planning on running him in UT in the spring and imagine by Sept he’ll be pretty far along.

I was looking at that before but didn’t see any in my area. Looks like they have one in PA in September that we could drive to. They don’t want a trained dog for the HAE test, though? Should I just skip that and go to the next level? I’m planning on running him in UT in the spring and imagine by Sept he’ll be pretty far along.
do the AHAE in September. It would be a perfect. Needs to be steady to flush, retrieve to hand. Field, drag, blind water entry, track behind duck, marked water retrieve with gunshot. It is a hunting dog test more like the breeders test in the German System.

This test is still weighted towards the natural ability of the dog and is a great measure of a non-finished hunting dog.

You could come to a training for the NE VHDF or Pocono Mountain Navhda because they both train at the same locations and many are members at both - including me.

If you want any information you can PM me.

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
do the AHAE in September. It would be a perfect. Needs to be steady to flush, retrieve to hand. Field, drag, blind water entry, track behind duck, marked water retrieve with gunshot. It is a hunting dog test more like the breeders test in the German System.

This test is still weighted towards the natural ability of the dog and is a great measure of a non-finished hunting dog.

You could come to a training for the NE VHDF or Pocono Mountain Navhda because they both train at the same locations and many are members at both - including me.

If you want any information you can PM me.
Awesome! I'll look more into it / double check that the date works out (we are heading to south africa shortly after for a hunting trip). I'd like to head up that way for training regardless, though, just to expose the pup to more areas. I pretty much exclusively train with the Potomac Navhda chapter but am also a member of keystone. Hitting up different environments would definitely help his development.

bb160f14e99579273c3cba81ba94f9fe.jpg

Ran NA on Friday and he did well. The judges were really impressed with his search

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tpicou

Lil-Rokslider
My pup has progressed well. We did the NA test this past Friday with the Inland Empire Chapter (CA) and she got a 112 Prize 1. I was thrilled at how well she did. She's 9 months now and continues to impress me daily. Now it's time for quail/chukar/duck season.

77713165889e9381e36832cc91a3e60c.jpg
LETS GO!

Irish Miner

Lil-Rokslider
Nice. I haven't had my boy tested, but really pleased with his maturity journey at 19 months old. He's better with water, nose is solid, but still has some kid in him and will ignore me when he feels like it. lol. He's hunted chukar, huns, sharptail, grouse, doves and pheasants multiple times and is bringing birds to hand this year. He struggled with that last season.

Love these griffs.