New from OR

FairWeatherFisher

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all, new member from Oregon.
I heard about this site from another hunting forum. When I saw there’s a blacktail subforum, I had to join.

About me: I’m an adult onset hunter. Took hunter Ed in high school, but didn’t come from a hunting family, so no opportunities growing up. With the exception of one paid pheasant farm hunt, and one unsuccessful duck hunt, I had never hunted before 30, that was 2 years ago. It’s a heck of a learning curve hahaha.

Retook hunter ed in August of ‘21, then headed into the forest in October in search of black tails. Well, two seasons down and no luck finding a buck yet. Having a blast out in the woods all the same, though. Grew up in the Boy Scouts in Ohio, and was an airborne infantryman 3.5yrs in Alaska, so the outdoors is nothing new to me, but it’s astounding the things I never noticed until I was looking for animals. It added a whole new dimension! I’ve also since tried hunting turkey, grouse, and fall bear.

Haven’t bagged anything yet, but it’s only a matter of time!

Mag_7s

WKR
Welcome to Rokslide. A lot of knowledgeable folks on here that are usually more than willing to help with any questions.

OP
FairWeatherFisher

FairWeatherFisher

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome from the Roseburg area!
Nice, I’m just up the road in Eugene. Planning to come down your way in a few weeks in hopes of finding some turkeys. ODFW says that’s where I need to be to find them on public land, they’re pretty much all on private ag land here.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

And that's no joke. :D

Eddie

Welcome! Looks of great information on here. Keep enjoying the outdoors and you will be successful