New FHF FOB bino harness/my thoughts

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
So I received the new FHF FOB bino harness a couple of days ago with a few accessory attachments.

This is my first purchase/ bino harness from FHF. All previous harnesses were AGC Classic Max, AGC Ravus, and Sitka. I love all the harnesses from AGC, and I liked the Ravus over the classic style due to being a slimmer design. The only negative about the Ravus is the magnetic clip, imo isn't strong enough to keep the bino's secure while bending over/forward (my binos did fall out once). My solution was attaching a bungee cord to the outside, which I've done to the new FHF harness out of being overly cautious. That being said, the FHF magnets seem to be stronger than the Ravus.

The overall build quality on the FOB is outstanding imo, and the Nav Pouch fits my Samsung S23 Ultra/with case just fine, which I was worried might be too big for the pouch. The M1 rangefinder pouch seems nice with a pretty secure magnet attachment. I'm really digging the new wing attachments for keeping my accessories nice and secure instead of having stuff strapped to the straps that would sometimes fall off when taking off my harness. This system isn't cheap, especially when you don't own any FHF accessories, so I'm glad I don't feel like I wasted my money. So far I'm pretty happy with the general setup/build quality.
20230426_165055.jpg20230426_165034.jpg20230426_165043.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. I wish I didn’t already have the FHF pro model. These “wings” are what I wish mine had.

OP
aaron600rr

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Looks great. I wish I didn’t already have the FHF pro model. These “wings” are what I wish mine had.
I looked @ the wings online for a while trying to come up with a way to attach them to my ACG Ravus pack but nothing came to mind.

Just watched the FHF video. The wings will work fine even with my older model. I will be ordering tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

tysonmax

FNG
Mine came in yesterday as well. I was going back and forth on whether to spend this much on a bino system, but it's really well thought out and I like how over-built it is. The wings are better than I was expecting. It really gives it a tight yet comfortable fit.

IMG_6045.jpg

Dazzler

WKR
I know the wings are not compatible with older gen chest rig, but there has got to be a way to utilize the sleeves on each side instead of web loops. Hell a dog bone made of paracord would attach. I think the trick would require somethjng to provide structure in the sleeve.

OP
aaron600rr

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Mine came in yesterday as well. I was going back and forth on whether to spend this much on a bino system, but it's really well thought out and I like how over-built it is. The wings are better than I was expecting. It really gives it a tight yet comfortable fit.

View attachment 547484
Yeah I agree. The most surprising difference between this harness and my previous AGC is how high and tight this one sits which I appreciate. I don't really like the foam adapter plates for the bottom of the FHF harness as it seems to make the magnetic closure harder to close for me.

repins05

WKR
Received my harness today. purchased wings just as an option to have but after putting them on the pack i am going to keep them. seems comfortable and has plenty of adjustment. I have my kestrel on one side and my sig rf on the other. Bullet holder and eyeglass case on the side. Pistol on bottom. Was concerned about the system being bulky but weight is distributed nicely and I am excited to get it out in the field. right Now i am feeling like this harness is worth every penny I spent.

swaro binos measured 7” and it is a tight fit. Hoping harness breaks in a bit so it is not so tight.

OP
aaron600rr

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Received my harness today. purchased wings just as an option to have but after putting them on the pack i am going to keep them. seems comfortable and has plenty of adjustment. I have my kestrel on one side and my sig rf on the other. Bullet holder and eyeglass case on the side. Pistol on bottom. Was concerned about the system being bulky but weight is distributed nicely and I am excited to get it out in the field. right Now i am feeling like this harness is worth every penny I spent.

swaro binos measured 7” and it is a tight fit. Hoping harness breaks in a bit so it is not so tight.
The front of the harness can be "bent/molded" to the bino as well which I just discovered

JDB9818

WKR
I'll add my .02

I have used the AGC and Marsupial (current) harnesses. I've like them both and have really never looked at the FHF stuff.

I saw the this new FHF harness and liked a lot of what it had to offer, so I spent the big price and ordered one. I got it this week.

First impressions were that it was a very well built set up. I ordered the bino pouch, rangefinder pouch, extra pocket and the wings. I put it all together and was overall impressed. The wings definitely make the accessories feel more stable. The overall quality is there.

What I didn't like was the length of the straps coming off the back of the harness. They are just too long and even when using the elastic keeper I couldn't get them to lay flat. They would bunch up or come out of the keeper and it was just to "strappy". The Marsupial has the same set up but the straps are shorter and work much better. I also had a concern about the raised edges around the harness itself. I could feel them a bit under the shoulder straps of my pack and it was a bit annoying.

I was overall pretty pleased and the harness felt comfortable until I put my pack on. With the side wings and accessories on, it just didn't work with the straps of the pack. I tried all kinds of adjustment moving the harness up and down (I prefer a high riding harness) and I tried to adjust the straps on my pack a bit as well, but I couldn't get comfortable. The straps on my pack were landing on the buckles of the harness. In the end, I really wanted to like the harness, but because I couldn't get comfortable with a pack on coupled with the extra long straps on the back, I made the decision to send it back.

Build quality is great. It was comfortable when not wearing a pack and there are a lot of great features, but in the end I still prefer the Marsupial.

I'm sure this is going to work for a lot of people, heck, I wanted it to work for me. Just offering a different perspective.

Venom One

WKR
The wing system seems like an improvement, but I'm curious if the windicator pouch/bottle can reside on the same side as the RF. It looks like the wings place the RF so close to the bino harness that it would be difficult to get the bottle in and out.

Venom One

WKR
I'll add my .02

I have used the AGC and Marsupial (current) harnesses. I've like them both and have really never looked at the FHF stuff.

I saw the this new FHF harness and liked a lot of what it had to offer, so I spent the big price and ordered one. I got it this week.

First impressions were that it was a very well built set up. I ordered the bino pouch, rangefinder pouch, extra pocket and the wings. I put it all together and was overall impressed. The wings definitely make the accessories feel more stable. The overall quality is there.

What I didn't like was the length of the straps coming off the back of the harness. They are just too long and even when using the elastic keeper I couldn't get them to lay flat. They would bunch up or come out of the keeper and it was just to "strappy". The Marsupial has the same set up but the straps are shorter and work much better. I also had a concern about the raised edges around the harness itself. I could feel them a bit under the shoulder straps of my pack and it was a bit annoying.

I was overall pretty pleased and the harness felt comfortable until I put my pack on. With the side wings and accessories on, it just didn't work with the straps of the pack. I tried all kinds of adjustment moving the harness up and down (I prefer a high riding harness) and I tried to adjust the straps on my pack a bit as well, but I couldn't get comfortable. The straps on my pack were landing on the buckles of the harness. In the end, I really wanted to like the harness, but because I couldn't get comfortable with a pack on coupled with the extra long straps on the back, I made the decision to send it back.

Build quality is great. It was comfortable when not wearing a pack and there are a lot of great features, but in the end I still prefer the Marsupial.

I'm sure this is going to work for a lot of people, heck, I wanted it to work for me. Just offering a different perspective.

Great feedback. The whole system looks really nice and quality-made. I had the same concern about the strap edges so I'm glad you mentioned it. The edge dressing gives the harness a nice quality look, but IMO bino harnesses need to have a simple, flat strap.

WKR

WKR
What about using this harness with a rangefinding binocular? Will the magnets screw them up?