New FHF Bino Harness?

ChrisAU

WKR
Stole this from one of the First Lite facebook pages. The Hushin instagram has some vids of Eric Chesser wearing one. Gonna have to try it out I’m sure.

61A336CB-50EA-4E1D-89F9-060FB3D52A25.jpeg

Elkfever

Lil-Rokslider
I got a message back from Paul at FHF. He said that pending some final field testing this fall, the new harness should launch early spring.

Attachments

• 125DE2DF-A1BB-4F11-AE32-E61D17A4F1F0.jpeg
    125DE2DF-A1BB-4F11-AE32-E61D17A4F1F0.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 301

sndmn11

WKR
I found one that is made in the USA and MIGHT be an improvement on forward opening.

Sled

WKR
I found one that is made in the USA and MIGHT be an improvement on forward opening.
Interesting. I wonder how easy the operation is? I'm not seeing a pull tab so I'd imagine it could be a two hand operation. Need to find a pouch for a wind checker to attach to it as well. I'd like to get hands on one.

sndmn11

WKR
Interesting. I wonder how easy the operation is? I'm not seeing a pull tab so I'd imagine it could be a two hand operation. Need to find a pouch for a wind checker to attach to it as well. I'd like to get hands on one.

I think there's a pouch on the pocket attachment thing. I saw them on Instagram when I was looking for rangefinder pouches for the last review I did. They have a video on there showing how it works, but their website needs better pics/video for sure.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR

Well that Cache Pocket is EXACTLY what I’ve been looking for to run on the bottom of my Marsupial. Thanks for spending my $ lol.

sndmn11

WKR
This catamount harness looks interesting though. Has the same compact/minimal style as the Pro M, but with a forward opening cover. It looks like it needs some kind of tab on the back, or a rod in the back of the cover to pull it over the top. I might try one of these out though. Interesting design.

I believe it is a stretch fabric that gets wrapped over the back of the harness.

I believe it is a stretch fabric that gets wrapped over the back of the harness.

Right, even in the video he has to make a swiping motion to peel it off, going back on it seems a bit smoother. Sew a rod, or extra carbon from cut arrows back there in the seam, with a pull tab in the middle and you can put it forward and over in the middle with 1 motion without having to peel it off. I may grab one because I like the compactness of that harness, and sewing a small diameter arrow and tab back there would be a simple mod.

sndmn11

WKR
Right, even in the video he has to make a swiping motion to peel it off, going back on it seems a bit smoother. Sew a rod, or extra carbon from cut arrows back there in the seam, with a pull tab in the middle and you can put it forward and over in the middle with 1 motion without having to peel it off. I may grab one because I like the compactness of that harness, and sewing a small diameter arrow and tab back there would be a simple mod.

Where did you find a video? I saw one a couple times but can't seem to find it again.

Sled

WKR
I'm guessing the extra cost is for all the 12+ months of R&D. I'll try to reserve judgement until I put hand on one but the initial impression makes me appreciate my current harness.