New Federal Fusion TIPPED…. Thoughts

The Fusion being bonded was another factor that attracted me to consider it. While I haven't talked to Form, I listened to many of his podcasts including the most recent ons with Exo. The logic is hard to argue with related to wound channel and penetration being more important than pure energy. It's why I'm moving away from the CX this year. I have some 177 HH loads that I was going to try but the wound channel stuff is still giving me some pause even with that one.
I’m exactly the opposite. I have always shot the fusion and last season switched to terminal ascent. They shot great but just so so terminal performance. All killed but through and through with small exit holes and 3 of the 4 animals ran some distance.

I’ve switched back to tipped fusion for this season and for my upcoming elk hunt in 6.5 PRC. Talked extensively with @Formidilosus and I feel like the tip will only help an already good bullet.

I feel the tipped fusion is kind of a blend of bullets. It’s bonded with some weight retention for deep penetration, but soft enough for some fragmentation and increased tissue damage.
I love the fusion I run the soft point fusion in my 270.. but for 7 prc the fusion loses almost 300 ft lb of energy past 300 yrds compared to the fed premium eld x...for strictly deer you would be hard pressed to find a better deer bullet than the fusion ...but for long distance shots in the mountains I wanna retain as much energy as possible ...that's also a perk of a real high bc bullet..bonded ate great in my opinion 400 and in ..past that I want a barnes lrx..eld x..something in that nature

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
The Fusion being bonded was another factor that attracted me to consider it. While I haven't talked to Form, I listened to many of his podcasts including the most recent ons with Exo. The logic is hard to argue with related to wound channel and penetration being more important than pure energy. It's why I'm moving away from the CX this year. I have some 177 HH loads that I was going to try but the wound channel stuff is still giving me some pause even with that one.
Most say fusion has 70-80% weight retention. So you’re getting shedding and fragmentation with 20-30%. Terminal ascent is like 95% retention so it just mushrooms and passes through.