New EDC Pistol

grfox92

WKR
M & P 2.0
CZ Shadow 2 compact
P365 x Macro
Springfield echelon

9mm of course
I carry a Hellcat OSP FDE. I was going to try a P365 but I keep hearing and seeing issues with Sigs. Never heard of an issue with the Hellcats....but Springfield other pistols, the XDs I wouldn't poke with a stick.

I haven't looked into the Echelon but it looks like it's built off the Hellcat. If it is and it comes from the same factory in Croatia, I would go with one. I have thousands of rounds through my HC and haven't had a single jamb or failure to feed and I rarely clean it. It eats any I run through it and it's usually filthy.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

None of those, if you aren’t in a rush, maybe wait for the fifth generation Glock 30 to come out first quarter of 2024, in .45 acp of course.

sndmn11

WKR
M & P 2.0
CZ Shadow 2 compact
P365 x Macro
Springfield echelon

9mm of course

I carry a Hellcat OSP FDE. I

I have a hellcat as well and it is a welcome change from the g30 I have carried as a bug when I worked LE and concealed.

My wife has a g43 and that is what I intended to purchase so we could share mags and holsters. I shoot it well, but got curious about higher capacity and shot both a hellcat and 365 with small magazines. I thought I'd shoot better with the sig but the hellcat won out over a few different range sessions.

The echelon looks cool, but is over capacity for CO so I have not looked at one. If I were going back to LE I'd have a very hard time not considering a hellcat pro vs a g19...

I doubt one can buy a bad pistol from all the mainstream options.

My opinion is that a defensive pistol priority list starts with how does my hand fit after drawing for sight alignment and recoil control without making a grip adjustment, and then are ameriglo/XS sights available. Theres too many reliable pistols to not end up with one that you can dig out of your waistband and when you bring it up the front sight arrives when you want it.

I'd drop the $ on a handful of boxes of ammo to shoot through every pistol I'm interested in and decide from there.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I have a p365 regular slide xl frame. I want something optics capable, so the hell cat has my eye as well.

I am a big guy 6'5 260 but I only wear large gloves, I know little hands.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
The P365 X Macro has peaked my interest many times, just haven’t pulled the trigger to say. I prefer a larger grip and barrel even for appendix carry. The shorter barrel guns don’t carry well for me in my experience. The short barrels don’t provide the leverage needed to push the grip back in which is why I sold my 43.

I’ve carried a 19 with light and RMR for 5 years now and haven’t really been tempted by much other then the M&P 2.0 compact. I have the 5” version of the 2.0 and that thing is a shooter particular with the Apex trigger assembly. I shoot the M&P better then my 19 just haven’t convinced myself to make the change due to the investment in holsters etc.

tony

WKR
I’ve got a M&P 9 mm Shield - it’s large for an EDC pistol

Also have a sig P365 9mm this is a great size for carry,

Matt5266

WKR
I carry a hellcat occasionally but my edc I always grab is my glock 43x mos with 15 round shield mag and a red dot. For me it's the perfect blend of size, capacity, and shoot ability. It's also the backup gun I carry everyday at work.

grfox92

WKR
I have a p365 regular slide xl frame. I want something optics capable, so the hell cat has my eye as well.

Regular Hellcat would be small for you. Hellcat pro might be perfect.

TN2shot07

WKR
I’ve traditionally been a Glock guy but picked up a macro the first time I handled one. Never shot something that size that well, the 43x is a solid gun but takes some upgrading to get to the Sig’s factory options.

M&P 2.0 + throw in an Apex trigger when you get a chance. Night and day difference, way better than any other pistol I've handled. Being a bigger guy you shouldn't have a problem concealing it, and adjustable backstraps to fit your hand.

CZ just doesn't have a ton of aftermarket support. Generally good pistols, but mags are expensive, etc.
SIG seems to be the popular choice these days but I'm steering clear of them because of the stuff going on with the P320. Haven't heard quality concerns with the P365 really, but I also just don't like the triggers on the P365, and honestly I like a wider grip that fills my hand better. I also wear size large gloves.

I kind of despise Springfield for quality and political reasons, but a friend has an Echelon and seems to like it so far.

Really for me, I don't consider anything other than a Glock 19 or 43, or M&P for concealed carry

Luked

WKR
I carry a Gen 1 Shield in 9mm and have for years.
I like the P365 but it never seemed to fit my hand well.
The Hellcat is a good one also. Had one of them at one time.
My wife has a Kimber Micro 9 that I really like. Ill be buying me one soon.

Of those?...
IMG_5290.JPEG

CZ P07 or P09. Same reliability and performance as Shadow and save about $800

The P09 is the larger duty version of the P07 and holds 4 more rounds (15+1 vs 19+1)

Check out the “Honest Outlaw” YouTube channel for honest reviews on all of these. Dude does a great job and isn’t sponsored by any manufacturer.

Last edited:

If you appreciate consistency and redundancy, stick with the p365 platform. Get one larger or smaller than you already have. Having mags be interchangeable across multiple guns is a valuable feature.