New D loop now POI changed

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Recently replaced my loop with a new one the exact length and now I’m hitting way right like 8” at 40 yards and more at longer distance. Not sure what’s going on unless I’m holding my release differently?
I am using an Evolution release and if I go back to my RX1 I’m spot on. I know the hooks open opposite directions but I’ve had them hitting the same for the last year or so.
looking for any insight you guys can give. Thanks

OR Archer

WKR
Did you use the same loop material? If you changed to a different material it could be the issue.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Is it possible your sight or rest happened to move? I would make sure it’s still in tune. My guess is it’s probably not since your arrow is off that much.

Are your knots in same orientation?

Common thought is that they need to opposing, don't know if that's the case actually. Some say it doesn't, I always oppose them and tie top to the left for a RH shooter.

I do know that tied in a different orientation then before will cause a shift.

OP
Colobwhntr

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt use the same loop material cause I ran out of my usual stuff. I bought the only kind I could find locally, which may be the problem. Yes I double checked the tune and it’s good and I hit perfect with my other release.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
Really odd that the one release is good and the other off. Wonder if the hook is hanging up A little. Maybe not opening all the way causing some drag.

OP
Colobwhntr

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking OR Archer is correct since that’s the only thing I changed. Just seems odd that a different loop material would cause that much change. I ordered some more flexible loop material BCY 23 which is what I normally use.

OR Archer

WKR
I am thinking OR Archer is correct since that’s the only thing I changed. Just seems odd that a different loop material would cause that much change. I ordered some more flexible loop material BCY 23 which is what I normally use.
Stiffness and diameter will affect releases differently. It’s more than likely what’s causing your POI shift with that particular release

Stiffness and diameter will affect releases differently. It’s more than likely what’s causing your POI shift with that particular release
👆this. The new loop is likely much stiffer than your old loop. That change in tension along with the different material(maybe different weight) could have you out of tune.