Am I going to need a new string?

Bmarcks31

FNG
Changed my d-loop recently (have burr on my release and loop was wearing prematurely) and noticed the serving underneath where the loop was tied had started to separate so that the loop was essentially tied onto the string underneath. Based on forum stalking, I tried to take some serving and wrap it around my string at the base of where the serving starts and then slide the serving back together. Not only did that not really work, it seems to have frayed my string- see photo. Am I going to have to replace my string already on my bow that has <1000 shots through it? Rest of the string looks great but this one part worries me.
IMG_1123.JPG

Yobrevol

FNG
A little serving separation under d-loop is extremely common and naturally happens. If the serving wears thin (nocks not fitting) or breaks, then reserve the entire length and keep shooting.

EMAZ

Lil-Rokslider
How old is the string? I know you indicated having <1000 shots, but if it’s 3+ years old, I’d probably consider replacing it. Otherwise, if it’s only a couple years old or newer, I’d just wax it.

MattB

WKR
More wax and less thinking. D-loops will cause some serving separation, which is totally normal. Screwing up your string by trying to fix something that is totally normal is not.