New Crispi boots for everyday wear-which ones?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
My go to boots for hunting are Crispi Wyomings and Idahos. The Cripis fit me well and I have a tough time finding a good fitting boot so thinking I'll stay with Crispis. I am looking at the Thors but wondering if they might be too stiff for an around town boot.

Which Cripsis would you look to wear casually?

Sample of one, but my thors soles wear pretty fast. I like them. On my 2nd pair and breaking in my 3rd. However, I don’t know how well they would hold up to street use.

OP
philos

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sample of one, but my thors soles wear pretty fast. I like them. On my 2nd pair and breaking in my 3rd. However, I don’t know how well they would hold up to street use.
That is part of what I’m worried about. Some boots that are great in the woods are crappy for street use.

sargent

WKR
I wear my Lapponias for hunting and casual use. I'm on my second pair. The first pair covered many miles and lasted about three years.

That is part of what I’m worried about. Some boots that are great in the woods are crappy for street use.
I don’t baby mine, but they live a pretty sheltered life when not on the trail. They basically sit on a shelf waiting for my next adventure. My first pair were great but the soles wore down fairly fast IMO. There is an outfit mentioned somewhere here that resoles crispi boots. If the Pair #2 uppers are still in good shape when the soles get slick I might look into having them resoled.

FWIW I have been a merrell Moab fan for around town and light hikers for years. Their wides fit my feet well and I have even used them on some decent, hot weather hikes. Prefer the non goretex versions for breathability. At $100-120 a pair they are relatively cheap and they last reasonably well. I run mine with super feet green insoles for extra stiffness.

My Thors have lasted through several years of hard use and done really well. The ONLY time I don’t like them is walking on pavement. I wouldn’t advise them for everyday use.

Jimss

WKR
My favorites are Thors but I haven't tried the Laponas. Thors are a gob lighter than your Wyos and Idahos. I gut the insoles and place more padded insoles in mine. I also have Monocos that area great for wearing around town but they are too short and I always get cheatgrass and stickers in my socks.

jazz3ring

WKR
Another vote for the Crossovers. I wear mine casually and couldn’t be happier with them.

Whisky

WKR
x3 Crossover.... I looked into this exact same thing last year at this time, and the Crossover was mentioned a lot. I purchased, no regrets.

Lapponia for me. By far the most comfortable boot I've worn. Have not tried the crossovers

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I wear my summits everyday at work. I really love how they fit. I have a low volume, long, and wide foot, and the crispi seems to do me well. My only complaint is they haven’t been lasting me long. Top leather seems thin and cheap, and is prone to warping, drying, and pulling. Granted, I’m not paying $500 for them like other top end boot companies. For me the summits are comfy enough to wear in the office when I need to be a keyboard warrior, and tough enough to carry me out in the field for a week of work on a horse in the backcountry.

Most of the Crispis have a soft sole designed for hunting that will wear out fast doing anything else on the regular. I think they have like a few boot models with a harder sole that won't disappear fast on concrete - maybe the higher end Monaco with the Vibram might be one of those. They have a new fire boot too that maybe might have a longer lasting sole.
I don't wear my hunting boots outside of hunting or scouting if they come with a softer, grippy sole, that includes the Scarpa Zodiacs I have that have a super grippy sole. The Zodiac tech version has a slightly harder sole so I'll wear that for hiking but even then for casual wear and hiking the pup around I am in cheaper boots like Oboz. Or even hiking in Chacos in the summer if I am staying on a trail. Off trail out come the serious hunting boots with the great grip. But on trail? Nope - cheaper boots for that.

Your grippy sole hunting boots are kinda like expensive rock climbing shoes - very much purpose built. You could wear them casually but expect to have them resoled and at that point maybe put a sole on there other than Crispi's.