New Colorado Elk Setup - New to MZ

AC300win

FNG
Thors are easy to adjust the size on. It’s just the skirt that varies in size.

If you really want to be precise about it you can run them through an adjustable sizing die and make every bullet perfect for your barrel.

With a hand press.

Thanks for info. Yeah the tighter the better in my remington

Last edited:

gethuntin

WKR
My CVA and a buddys absolutely love the Hornady Bore Driver FTX bullets with BH209. We have not had a chance to test on game. I tested groups with a 12x scope and had a 4 shot group touching with CCI primers and tested 2 more shots with Winchester 209 primers that were touching POI was about 1.5" higher between the primers.

100 grains of BH209 is about the limit in my MR-X. At 110 grains I see no POI shift at 100 yards, but seem to be getting alot more leakage and recoil.

Also, I installed an Arrowhead brake and recoil is much improved/reduced. Gun is alot more enjoyable to shoot and loading/cleaning is only slightly more involved. Ultimately I feel more confident behind the gun with the brake, so it is staying on.

Adding the brake did move my POI down by 6'' @ 100 yards and I'm nearly maxed out on elevation with the factory sights. Swapping over to a set of Williams sights (globe front) here shortly since the factory fiber optic is a little too coarse for my eyes.

In terms of quality, I will say that everything on the gun loosens up with recoil. I've so far had to pop the pistol grip back into place, fix the cheek piece, and tighten the handguard. Gun feels cheap, but I'm able to have five shots nearly touching at 100 yards with factory irons and my crappy eyes.

Jmort1754

WKR
My mrx with 100 grains of bh209 and fury universal 320 shoots 2 inch groups with open sights at 100 yards, I am able to hit a 10 inch gong at 200 with it so I will take it.