New Brass Prep

Luked

WKR
I have about 150 cases of New Winchester Brass for my 300 WSM that i have not loaded yet.
Buddy of mine gave it all to me and I am getting ready to startt working on loads for it.

With the new Brass what do you all normally do to prep?
My thought was just a quick run through the die to get the case mouth right and chamfer and a quick tumble to clean the case lube off.

Mattyq17

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same question, I just got 100 pieces of Peterson 6.5cm. It's not bulk cases (2 boxes, 50 cases in each) and none of the case mouths have dents or seem to be out of round. Can these be primed, dump powder and seat bullet, ready to go?

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
I was able to load some new ADG brass without sizing or expanding but I was using boat tail ELD and TMK.

6.5 PRC

jfk69

Lil-Rokslider
I chamber check a handful to make sure they don't need bumped, run them over an expander ball dry, chamfer/deburr/nylon brush on a prep station, and load em up.
Exactly what I do with graphite/mica on the brush. The expander ball I run them over will be a carbide on my Redding dies just to reduce friction on that pass that could “maybe” stretch the neck shoulder junction. As I’ve gotten older, I tend to F around with brass prep much less. I’d rather load, go shoot, and take the time savings to yell at kids to get off my lawn…

wapitibob

WKR
I run a .288 decapping pin thru the necks to set them at my fired brass spec, neck size, then load with a reduced charge and pulled bullets.

Qholum37

Lil-Rokslider
I typically run an expanding mandrel through to make sure all the mouths are good then run them through a FL sizing die with the proper bushing to set neck tension then chamfer/deburr and load. Depending on length variations I’ll throw in a trim step to get them all the same. I have found even on Lapua brass there are some dented case mouths that need attention - ADG brass has been excellent for me though and usually involves very little prep

SloppyJ

WKR
I FL size, chamfer, and deburr. Be sure to check that they chamber in your rifle after sizing.

Tnc

FNG
I always anneal, FL size, chamfer and tumble new brass before loading