New Arctic Oven: the Nunatak Apex

Just got a nunatak apex and spent the last 5 days in Valdez with pretty heavy rain. I demo’d the original nunatak and the apex is definitely better. The sod skirt keeps bugs and wind out. The new halo design is easier to use. The bug netting sewn into the tent means not having to buy the big insert.

Pros:
-The square design makes setting up much easier than round tipis.
-The mansard design gives much better head room than equivalent sized tipis.
-Overall build quality is good.

Cons:
-The vapex liner only goes 3/4 of the way down-I didn’t realize this when I bought it (my bad). With the liner only covering 3 walls and 3/4 of those 3 walls at best I’d say it can’t help much with heat retention. I’d call this a 3 season tent.
-The main seams are all taped, but the guy out attachments and other extras were sewn in after so you have to seam seal it-I had quit a few drip points-not a huge deal, but for the price…

I would call this a 2-3 man tent for hunting. If the stove jack was moved to the door side then it would be a solid 3 man-yes you would have to watch the chimney when entering/exiting, but then your wood would be by the door and you aren’t gonna sleep anyone in the doorway.
Great feedback. Glad I held off, I’ll probably wait for an updated version.

crich

WKR
Great feedback. Glad I held off, I’ll probably wait for an updated version.
Was looking at them in the store today and thought it was odd that the display didn't have the Vapex lining installed. I asked some questions and the rep mentioned it didn't go all the way to the bottom but sounds like it's shy by quite a bit. Not sure if/when they'll release an updated version.