New Airazr Pro's and My new whitetail arrow for 2024

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
Before I get started there are going to be a bunch of you that just say why'd you go through all this work for such a little change. Well I am going to tell you. And it was my money, time, and decision to do this, not yours. In previous years I was running a 4 fletch of Tac Driver 2.25 vanes with a green wrap and green vanes. There are many reasons I wanted to change this so here they are.

- I wanted to get away from green because where I hunt in MN has a lot of grass and finding a green arrow in green grass is not easy. I know I have a lighted nock but if it's midday that don't do me much good. I also wanted to have some white vanes to make it easier to see blood on my arrow after I would shoot one. So I went with an orange wrap and 2 orange vanes and 2 white vanes
- I am switching from a fixed to mechanical head this year so I wanted smaller vanes that are a little quieter and give me a SLIGHTLY faster arrow with SLIGHTLY more FOC. I say slightly because I did not do this switch for these reasons alone, it is just something I gained a little of during the switch.
- And the main reason I switched is because I was losing confidence in that vane configuration. I don't know why but I just never had 110% confidence in it. So I wanted to switch to something completely new that I can start over with and gain confidence in.

My setup and thoughts. My final arrow weight now is 515 grains with a 13.2% FOC. The wraps on the back are onestringer which I already like way more than the TAC wraps I used before. I am verry happy with this setup. Like I said above I am switching broadheads from a QAD Exodus to the G5 Deadmeat. I have not shot the arrows or new broadheads yet. But a new target is getting delivered today so that will commence tonight :)

The new airazr vanes are sick. Lighter then the max vanes and stick extremely well with no prep is awesome. They are much stiffer as well. I can see these becoming more popular then the max vanes when these catch on. Not quite as stiff as the tac vanes I had. But still a stiff vane. I am very excited to put all of this stuff through the ringer. And I will definitely write a response once I shoot these vanes and broadheads in the coming days. If you guys have any questions lets have a conversation!

20220127_220140.jpg20240729_202247.jpg
20240729_203832.jpg

Bump79

WKR
I like it. Sorry I didn't get you those AirRzrs in time, I've got them now!

Food for thought on future builds. You should always fletch as far back as possible without face contact.

The restoring torque of an arrow is like a lever arm. The pivot point is the FOC balance point. The further the distance from the FOC balance point the more restoring torque you have. Force x distance.

OP
Dylan Sluis

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
I like it. Sorry I didn't get you those AirRzrs in time, I've got them now!

Food for thought on future builds. You should always fletch as far back as possible without face contact.

The restoring torque of an arrow is like a lever arm. The pivot point is the FOC balance point. The further the distance from the FOC balance point the more restoring torque you have. Force x distance.
Yup I do, Those vanes are as far back as they can be without touching my face. The back of the vane is an inch up from the end of the carbon.

mrwilsn24

FNG
The AirRazr 26s replaced my Max Stealths I was using previously. Haven't notcied too much of a difference other than the fact the AirRazrs seem noticeably more quiet than the Stealths in my opinion (which is saying something because those were already wicked quiet.) I've also been using the Onestringer wraps with some great success. Looks like a great setup and I look forward to hearing what you think after you've shot them!

OP
Dylan Sluis

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
The AirRazr 26s replaced my Max Stealths I was using previously. Haven't notcied too much of a difference other than the fact the AirRazrs seem noticeably more quiet than the Stealths in my opinion (which is saying something because those were already wicked quiet.) I've also been using the Onestringer wraps with some great success. Looks like a great setup and I look forward to hearing what you think after you've shot them!
I have shot them a bunch the past couple of nights and my first thing I noticed how quiet they were. Like really quiet. I really have to listen for them after I shot. They fly like darts and seem to have no issue steering broadheads so far. I'm gonna back up to 60+ soon and we will see how they do there. But so far I am very inpressed.

sndmn11

WKR
- And the main reason I switched is because I was losing confidence in that vane configuration. I don't know why but I just never had 110% confidence in it. So I wanted to switch to something completely new that I can start over with and gain confidence in.

What will you do to discover confidence with the new arrows, and what are you looking for.in results that is different than your testing with the old?

OP
Dylan Sluis

Dylan Sluis

Lil-Rokslider
What will you do to discover confidence with the new arrows, and what are you looking for.in results that is different than your testing with the old?

I wanted something a little quieter. And the confidence thing is weird. I had such a hard time tuning with those arrows. And I believe it was because my bow was slightly out of tune. But after a couple years of having a hard time getting arrows to fly good. You just kind of lose confidence in everything, even if it wasn't the vanes fault in this case. So I just wanted to start new and super tune this new setup to get it truly dialed.