Neveda Jarbidge unit 72 bull early rifle Oct 22

I was one of the lucky ones to draw this awesome tag. Just was wondering if someone could give me some tips and inside knowledge of general areas the Bulls will be in the early rifle season. Will have horses, so will be able to go pretty much anywhere. Please fell free to pm me. Thank you for all your help.

OP
Casey Gepford
Thank you. I was extremely shocked. This was my second year putting in. Hear that doesn't happen to often.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

NVCHUKAR

WKR
Go deep into the jarbidge wilderness, I hunted with my buddy last year. Saw bulls everyday hunted the northern tip to the southern tip of wilderness. The only issue is they have tripled tags over the last few years so it's a zoo out there. Elk are pushed into the wilderness during the cow hunts. After about 3-5 miles back in you get away from people but run into the guides. Still plenty of elk just not the solitude of a wilderness hunt like it was 4 years ago with 50 tags or so. Good luck and get the 400" we saw but never had a chance to harvest

Care to offer some insight on getting a horse trailer up to a trailhead? I have read online the roads are not safe for trailers? I am building points for deer hunt in there and have not made it up for anything other than google scouting. Good luck on your hunt

nvgoosehntr

Lil-Rokslider
I will be scouting several times this summer/fall for a late rifle tag I will let you know what I see - my first time in the area too.

IrishnId

WKR
Hunted it three years ago for Deer, and was amazed at the quality, and quantity of elk in there. Trails are rough but each one had horse trailers at the end. Each one had multiple spare tires. Good luck.

OP
Casey Gepford
Thank you for all the help I was able to get it done on a 6pt.
3abb0c7ca04dac1586b892f0fe574c2b.jpg

nvgoosehntr

Lil-Rokslider
Great job Casey!! I'm heading up Friday for my wife's hunt and hope to have some of that luck...Congrats!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk