Nevada Opener

Mckinnon

WKR
Had a rough weekend, only saw three bucks, they were all very small and light horned. Saw them in the first 20 mins, and last 20 mins of the day. All in all saw 20 deer total. It was so much drier than my scouting trips I couldn't believe it. I am still ready to get back out next week and give it a shot. Anybody else have any luck out there!?

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck Rock. You're finding deer, that's a good start. The first/last 20 min pretty typical this early and hot. Make sure you check some other country, too. You just might not be in the bucky stuff yet.

Can also glass 11 and 3 and might catch a buck up changing beds, feeding a little. Bring a good book!

Keep at it. There always around in Nv!

velvetfvr

WKR
Here is a unit 16 archery buck shot Sunday I think.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344910014.837328.jpg
Not mine but a kid I know. His dad and friend are chasing 180 class bucks and hopefully I am Friday!

Not sure how much water is in your area but if it is limited I would check a few water holes for sign. Maybe place a trail cam on a water hole, if you like what shows up ambush him on the way to water.

I just got back from the Rubies. We did not see as many bucks as two years ago, but we did see better bucks. I blew a shot on a 170 class buck. He will be waiting for me when I go back in to find him again in a few days. Had to come back for family stuff and to restock. This area is a lot more dry this year. Have to drop down almost 1000 ft to get water!!!!