Nevada Elk 111-115

TravKatQ

WKR
Got super lucky in the Nevada draw this year and pulled a early rifle elk tag in 111-115 as a non resident. First and probably only NV elk tag I’ll draw. If anyone has any info on the area or hunt they’d be willing to share please DM me. Always willing to trade/help others on other states I’ve hunted if need be. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbernedo

FNG
Congratulations. I drew the same tag in 2020 and had a great experience. It is a beautiful area with all different types of terrain. I do not have 10 posts, so I am not able to DM you, but would be glad to share information from my hunt. I am not sure what the best way to accomplish that though as I dont know what the protocol for the forum is regarding posting email addresses or phone numbers.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
Got super lucky in the Nevada draw this year and pulled a early rifle elk tag in 111-115 as a non resident. First and probably only NV elk tag I’ll draw. If anyone has any info on the area or hunt they’d be willing to share please DM me. Always willing to trade/help others on other states I’ve hunted if need be. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes you did! Arguably the best bull tag in the state.

I drew a mule deer tag in 111-113 last year and hunted it hard in August with a bow. It is awesome country. Rocky as hell.

I have good and recent knowledge of the unit. PM me.

LuvsFixedBlades

Lil-Rokslider
How did the mule deer hunt go out there?
It was a fun hunt. The weather was more or less uncooperative for how I hunt muleys though. Got run off of the high stuff just about every afternoon by the lightning. Beautiful country. A true high country hunt.

If you want to know about the critters I saw, we might want to PM instead with the new unit specific regs.

A buddy of mine has been up there scouting for his upcoming archery hunt and is seeing some monsters. Rain really helped us out here in nevada when it comes to antler growth. Hell of a year to have a bull tag. I'll be not to far from there chasing them with my bow in a couple weeks.