Nevada draw

Tilzbow

WKR
After seeing the number of entries listed yesterday during the YouTube showing of the draw I’m not feeling very good and I’m a resident with lots of points for most everything.

See picture, next post. One entry equals one bonus point generated random number. For example, if you have 10 bonus points those are squared + 1 for the current year. So 10x10+1 = 101 entries. 5 bonus points would be 26 entries and so on.

Resident moose is the easiest to figure since there are 21,882 applicants for 2 tags and everyone has the same number of points since it’s the first year. Odds of drawing 1 of 2 tags is 1 in 10,941.

Last edited:
Surprised so few put in for the moose tag. The sheep numbers are crazy when you think of how few tags are given out. Really all the NR numbers are crazy for how few tags are given out.

Edit, I didnt read above that each point is counted. That makes it a little better.

I'm feeling extra lucky! Struck out so far in Colorado, New Mexico, Utah, and Arizona. Neveda is really my last chance at this point!

Chris A

FNG
I’m all in on Nevada this year put in for everything a NR can. Hope someday I can draw a tag. Fingers crossed

Reactions: JAM

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
No on Mt, ID, Wy, Co, NM, UT, AZ so far. Tag gods will hopefully deliver at some point. 20+ points aren't going to make much difference in NV and the remaining AZ options. That said, NV has been good to me with previous elk and mule deer tags.

JasonWi

WKR
So far I’ve struck out in AZ,NM,WY,UT and waiting for OR (all species) and NV(deer,elk,antelope) and AZ for Coues.

14 points for deer and elk doesn’t give me much confidence I’ll draw since there’s so few tags, even though I only applied for primitive weapons

Tilzbow

WKR
Emails tomorrow right? Or do they start charging cards first?

The guy who hosted the YouTube cast of the draw yesterday said updates in your online account then shortly after cards charged then emails. I bet they all happen within a short period of time once one starts. It’s around the 11:20.