Nevada 101-109 Archery Mule Deer 2022

Nice buck there. headed up for Mid-Hunt Rifle in 6-7 weeks. Probably going to be a zoo up there.... Anyone have any solid beta on places to park a small travel trailer, or know how to get ahold of the guy who owns the little gas station/bar in Ruby Valley? Trying not to chance one of the few spots actually being open. Thanks for any help guys!

Hi all, Im headed back out to try to fill my archery tag in the Rubies. I went out to Liberty Lake a few weeks ago but didn’t have any success. Was thinking about coming in from the Harrison Pass side, heading to Green Mountain. Honestly I don’t know if that’s a good idea. Planning on hiking in solo. I’m very open to any other suggestions. Thanks

nphunter

WKR
Any of you guys have any luck killing or seeing any bucks in the Ruby’s? Would love to hear about the hunt.

I just wanted to put this out there as I will be headed to Nevada solo come August. This will be my first time hunting NV and in any state other than Idaho for that matter. I have already had some guys reach out to me and offer some very helpful information. I have a pretty good start doing what I can from home and even with fuel prices I still plan to make a

trip south to scout, although the way things are going I do have to consider if the "juice is worth the squeeze" for this particular hunt. At the very least I will get there a day or two before season. A couple general questions I still have are: should I expect to deal with mosquito's come August 10th in the higher and mid elevations where there is moisture? There will be a full moon on August 12th, now honestly I normally don't pay much mind to this when hunting mule deer later or for elk for that matter although I do notice its effects. I am just wondering with this being an early/hot hunt if this will really put a damper on daytime activity to the extent I have a hard time finding bucks even during prime time. This has me considering holding off to start my hunt until about the 15th part of my thought with that is might miss the opening season rush of hunters but on the flip side not get first crack at deer that haven't been bumped. I have both horses and pack goats but the more I consider things the more I might just backpack, I don't really want to haul the horses that far nor be stuck to water and the goats don't really work well solo as it is highly frowned upon to leave them alone, if I had a hunting partner I would most definitely bring the goats. I have a full sized diesel pickup and dirtbike but again with fuel prices I am honestly considering bringing my trusty Toyota Corolla :LOL: its more capable than most would think but if the roads are anything like I have seen in similar country I worry that might be a mistake and I just need to eat the fuel bill. Last I am trying to decide when would be best for a scouting trip, looking at snow pack data its still bellow average so would it be safe to assume I could access all but the highest elevations by then?

I'd greatly appreciate any feedback I get and feel free to PM me, If there is anyone else with the tag that would be interested I would even consider teaming up if it was a good fit.

Thanks!

Josh

Josh,

Hey man I’m also heading up there for this hunt. Drew it out of the second draw. Probably going to get up there a day or two before the season starts and scout around a few areas I’ve hunted with my dad back in the day and some other ones. I will say I don’t think we should have to worry about snow in August but you never know. If you wanna link up just let me know.

Anthony

im looking to go up there as well later in the season, aug30- sept 9

I drew the October muzzleloader on as an alternate by supprise. I hunted the Overland Lake area with horses in the past but since this will more than likely be a solo hunt was hoping for some advise on access along the western side probably around the Jiggs area and Northeast of there. Is there anywhere anyone can suggest with side by side access and then hike in from there? Thanks

Congrats!! I’m headed out around the same time a @jrogerso, hopefully there are some deer left over for us latecomers!

Good luck, jblam! I'll be there the last few days of this month and the first week of September. Never been in the unit, much less hunted anywhere in Nevada but I'm looking forward to the experience and can't wait to get out there.

Hi all, Im headed back out to try to fill my archery tag in the Rubies. I went out to Liberty Lake a few weeks ago but didn’t have any success. Was thinking about coming in from the Harrison Pass side, heading to Green Mountain. Honestly I don’t know if that’s a good idea. Planning on hiking in solo. I’m very open to any other suggestions. Thanks

Any of you guys have any luck killing or seeing any bucks in the Ruby’s? Would love to hear about the hunt.
I did harvest, but was Mid Hunt for Rifle. Didn't see a single buck other than the one I harvested. It was really warm until the last week of October, and I think movement improved with the first snow. Archery hunts should be tough again this year, especially if it stays warm and dry. Lots of people weren't seeing anything up top, even in October, so best I can tell is find a small herd and watch them. Maybe the bucks will get impatient later in the season and stop hiding out all day, but not the older/wiser bucks from what I observed.