Neighbor kids find my stolen rifle

Stalker69

WKR
I knew night force were good scopes but dang this is super impressive. I to am curious what they do for yea. Sounds like they could probably repair that one pretty easily. But I wouldn’t be surprised if they give you a new one and use that as “ advertising”. Wish you luck , let us know.

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
I'd be tempted to see what a gun Smith could do with it....worth a try

I talked to cz and they gave me a gunsmith that I guess is a cz 550 guru with the African crowd so after talking to them I shipped it to them. I got the bolt out after some Kroil, so maybe The action can be saved

I talked to cz and they gave me a gunsmith that I guess is a cz 550 guru with the African crowd so after talking to them I shipped it to them. I got the bolt out after some Kroil, so maybe The action can be saved
Here's to hoping for a good outcome 🍻

OP
J

Jacack

WKR
Heard back from nightforce, they ran the scope through all the normal tests and a inspection decided the scope was in perfect working condition and passed all the normal tests.

They said the only issue was the lens ( I knew it was etched) and the power throw lever screw had to be drilled out to get it off.

So they decided to just disassemble it and put it all back together with a new lens and it should be on its way back to me this week.

They did say they learned some stuff after seeing it and even they where surprised it was as good as it was after 1.5 years in the weather here in Florida.

Cost me about 90.00 with the shipping each way and guess it will be as good as a new scope when I get it back.

I have been a nightforce guy since they first came out back when they where lightforce and sold spotlights too and have always been impressed but this is still amazing to me that it was essentially unfazed by the weather , if it had lens covers it would of not needed anything.

Now smith can make the action useable again I got a itching for a .375 ruger

ChrisAU

WKR
Just now seeing this, awesome about the NF, would be a heck of story if CZ can make the rifle right and you put it all together and get to hunt with it!