Need Tripod set up help

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
So I am looking to get a tripod set up for an upcoming out of state hunt.

Is there a ball head that can use arca and picatinny without any adapters? I have a pic rail on my rifle and don’t want to change that, I will have a QD bipod set up,

I would have arca on my spotting scope and binos, then pic rail on rifle.

Thanks

khuber84

WKR
The Sunwayfoto IB30 is probably the lightest shooting head available(dual pic/arca), put that atop whatever Tripod of your choice that has a largest of 28mm leg diameters, and you'll have a light setup. 32mm legs are def more stable, but it'll add some weight to your kit. I have a leofoto 323C with IB30 atop, it weighs in at 3.8# with a rock bag on it, but is stable enough to shoot kneeling off of out to 600y, seated with a pack for rear support, I'd go over 700y. I have a few leofoto and some rrs tripods, rrs is def better, 2-3x more expensive better? No......

OP
AZ_Hunter

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Nice thanks. That’s very helpful.

Another solution I was thinking about with the whole Spartan system; I do have a spartan bipod with pic rail adapter, so I was considering just getting one their tripods and adapters for binos and spotter.

If anyone has experience with that, it would be great to hear.

Really Right Stuff has their SC-LR and SC-ARC clamps that can be attached to most ball heads on the market. The ARC is the newest generation of the clamp where they added the ARCA R-Lock.

Leofoto is just a copy of RRS.