Need some sausage recipes

woods89

WKR
Fixing to make a bunch of sausage with deer and elk. We have a good basic breakfast sausage recipe but would like to find a good maple breakfast sausage recipe as well as a good Italian sausage recipe. Anyone have one they want to pass along?
Thanks!

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a really lazy one and I just want something quick and easy so that I can dig in asap. I follow recipes from this one. They have a really good collection. You can look into it, maybe you’ll find something of your liking. Again this is just the first page I could find and I was lazy so I stuck with it. You can actually take a good time exploring the internet. There are so many recipes out there to choose from.

Dejhavu

FNG
Otis Boyd’s Famous Hot Link Sausage
2 1/2 lb ground pork (shoulder cut)
2 1/2 lb ground beef (brisket, round, or sirloin)
2 t dried sage
2 t crushed red pepper
2 t paprika
2 t ground cumin
2 t dried sweet basil
2 t anise seed
2 t dried oregano
Dash salt and ground black pepper

Mix the meats with the spices. For sausage links, attach 2 1/4-inchsausage casings to the stuffer nozzle on a hand meat grinder. Stuff the casings to the desired length, cut the links, and secure the ends with
string.

Barbecue at 225 deg F for 2 hours or slow-smoke at 185deg F for 4 hours.

For sausage patties, form the meat mixture into a roll and cover with wax paper. Slice the roll into patties and peel off the wax paper. Patties can be fried or grilled.

ChrisS

WKR
Every kind of sausage you can think of, plus a hundred more. These are good traditional recipes to start with and then modify to fit your palate.

ETA: venison and elk all work for sausage, but you need to cut with pork fat (75/25), or I'll split 50/50 with fattier bits of pork shoulder. Bear can be dependent on how fatty they are.

Check out thespicysausage.com
Pretty good recipes, the hot Italian is my favourite so far
I mix with beef or pork when using moose