Need some opinions on the Spot Hogg Triple Stack

Luked

WKR
I have a Fast Eddie XL double pin. I like the sight but not a huge fan of the pin set up.
It works ok but I mostly whitetail hunt here in the midwest and dont care for the 2 pins

I am thinking of swapping out the head for the Triple Stack setup.
I like the ability of being able to individually adjust each pin to what I want them to be. Mainly for here at home.
Plan to have mine set up in 20-30-40 then mover from there.

For those that have it. How do you have your mover setup. This is where im a little lost on it.
Do you normally use the bottom pin and start your tape at a base line of 40 (going by my pin setup I want) then it goes up from there using that bottom pin? Would that be the best way to have it set up?

big44a4

WKR
I have a Fast Eddie XL double pin. I like the sight but not a huge fan of the pin set up.
It works ok but I mostly whitetail hunt here in the midwest and dont care for the 2 pins

I like the ability of being able to individually adjust each pin to what I want them to be. Mainly for here at home.

For those that have it. How do you have your mover setup. This is where im a little lost on it.
Do you normally use the bottom pin and start your tape at a base line of 40 (going by my pin setup I want) then it goes up from there using that bottom pin? Would that be the best way to have it set up?

There are 3 indicators so all 3 pins are “floater” pins. If you’re only white tail hunting I get 20 set where you want it first as it doesn’t sound like you are chasing maximum distance on slider. If you were going for distance you’d want to set the lowest pin closest to the bubble then work backwards.

Personal preference, i am actually selling my triple stack fast eddie because I don't like the giant scope housing. I had the top pin as my float pin and could shoot to over 100yds with it. I currently use an HHA Max Ryz 2 pin and it is awesome.

I prefer a top floater because it gives you the cleanest sight picture with the vertical pins.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
I have one as well. Aside the from the giant housing, I love it. As far as which pin is the "floater" they all can be. There is three pins and three pointers. Generally I use the top pin but if I am trying to get maximum range I will use the bottom. If I am setup with a bull coming in I will range various distances and set the 3 pins as close as possible to what I think likely shooting lanes are. I'll never go back so a fixed pin or even a double pointer slider sight.

fatlander

WKR
I love my triple stack. Already planning my next bow build with a boonie triple stack on it.

It is a hefty unit, but I shoot a heavy bow better anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I had a triple stack and went back to the double pin.

With my setup, I have zero need to for 3 pins to cover 40 yards. I set the triple stack at 20/30/40.

But my double pin I can leave at 25/40 and it works just as well. 30 and in I put the top pin on the animal and shoot. Max of 2.5" deviation.

The triple stack scope is 2oz heavier.

Everyone always complains about the size, but the diameter of the MRT rings is exactly the same between the double pin and triple stack. So unless you are using the single small ring on the double pin the arrow clearance isn't any different between the 2 scopes.

Do you guys have any difficulty shooting the gap between the dots since the metal part of the pin would cover the intended POI?

Yes.

It's fine for things like a 3d or hunting, but I tried it a little bit shooting dots and I couldn't make it work for me very well. I generally come down on a target, and once it pops up over my pin I come back to it. Hard to do with the middle and lower pin. Not difficult on a 3d target tho where I can reference close enough from the side. Wouldn't compete with it in a fixed pin class.

I use it hunting, and can use it to shoot to 50 without adjustment. Past 50 I'll adjust and use the top for my aiming reference.

rclouse79

WKR

I removed one of the three purple pointer arrows on my tape. It was a little too busy for my liking. I use my top pin as my slider and that is mostly all I use when I practice at hunting ranges. I want less to think about when an elk walks out. I think my top pin gets me out around 70 yards. The second purple pointer is dialed in for my bottom pin which gets me a little extra distance if I feel like fooling around at the range at longer distance.
I have my pins set at 20,30.40.

Valkyrie

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered one. I have the FE 3pin MRT but want to try the triple stack because of the pin orientation.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I tried one briefly, but hated it and sent it back. I didn’t care for it or Spot Hogg in general, actually.

weaver

WKR
I like mine. I use it as a single pin slider 99% of the time but it’s nice to have those 2 extra reference points if things happen fast. I was making extra reference marks on my single pin MBG long before anyone was making the multi pin sliders.
Really prefer the sight picture of a single vertical pin vs horizontal pins.

kcm2

WKR
I like it. My 3 pins are at 20/30/40. I figure beyond 45 or so, I have time to range and dial. It works just fine. Prefer it over the older 2 pin where the pins were immovable. Heavier, yes, but not appreciably so.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Wanted to love it but I found myself missing my dual trac set up at 25 and 40. Less clutter brighter pins both great sights but I like what I like, sold my triple stack haven't looked back. Being predominately an archer elk hunter 0-45 really isn't that difficult to achieve with a reasonably fast arrow

Personal preference, i am actually selling my triple stack fast eddie because I don't like the giant scope housing. I had the top pin as my float pin and could shoot to over 100yds with it. I currently use an HHA Max Ryz 2 pin and it is awesome.

I prefer a top floater because it gives you the cleanest sight picture with the vertical pins.
I’m with ya. I didn’t like the FE triple stack for a few reasons, I’m back to mbg mtn lite and am much happier with it

I have went back and forth on top or bottom pin for my floater, currently using my bottom but think I will switch back to top

chasewild

WKR
I bought the CBE Micro 3v since it wasn't as heavy. It's early, but the sight picture is significantly cleaner than the 3 horizontal pins.