Need recommendation for Sz. 14 Wide

CCamp88

FNG
Im having a hard time finding a lightweight boot in my size (14ee/eee). Ive been wearing Lowa Tibets to hunt for the last few years and they have been rock solid, just too much boot for the southern summer. I purchased a pair or Renegades and have not been very pleased with them. Im 8 months in and stitching is coming undone and Ive almost wore out the soles. Is there another brand that makes a quality boot in a size 14 wide or extra wide? It seems alot of these better brands dont make a wide past 13. I just want something tough and semi lightweight.

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
I got the Schnee beartooth in the insulated and uninsulated versions and they have a lot more room than the renegades. They are a higher boot, which I wanted but I do like the lower cut of the renegades for light hiking which is about all that boot is good for.

LostArra

WKR

Meindl comes in a 14 but be sure to check the sizing recommendation because their sizing runs a little large.
They have other hiker models too.

mgray

Lil-Rokslider
Have you guys ever tried the Meindls? Do you think going down one size is accurate? I’d be interested in ordering a pair, but am curious about dropping a whole size.

LostArra

WKR
Have you guys ever tried the Meindls? Do you think going down one size is accurate? I’d be interested in ordering a pair, but am curious about dropping a whole size.
I wear the Comfort Fit Hiker and love them. I went down a half size but probably could have gone down a full size but I have those feet where my second toe is longer than my big toe. Also my left foot is half size larger than my right so I'm always doing a lot of size juggling. I downloaded Meindl's Brannock scale, printed it, then used it to measure my foot. I also called and spoke to a rep who was very knowledgeable and helpful.

The "fit and finish" of the Meindl boots is impressive. I've used multiple Lowas, Salomon, Keen and Oboz and the Meindl just felt better out of the box than the others which are all good boots.

Three things impressed me with the Meindls.
Insoles. First boot of any price range that came with a good insole.
Laces. Good laces that stay tied and don't stretch so much that you feel like retying them after a mile.
Tongue. The tongue on these boots fits perfectly within the boot when lacing and there is no tucking here or there to get things straight (Salomon!) plus it is extremely comfortable, zero pinch points.

I realize I sound like a Meindl salesman but if they fit your foot shape they are really great boots.

WKR
Russell Moccasin makes some 14 wide boots. I am actually trying a pair of 13D for this upcoming bird season. Anxious for them to arrive.

inkedspot

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a 14 in most all tennis shoes - wide in some, narrow in others. I can wear the Meindl that are made in Germany, but not the ones that were made in Italy. In Meindl I had to get size 13 for them to fit properly but they were comfortable. Both the Comfort Hikers and the Vakuum Hunters.

Schnee Timberlines in 14 have replaced my worn out Comfort Hikers - I have put quite a few miles on them hiking in prep for this upcoming hunting season and they have been very comfortable so far. Took 20 or so miles to get them broken in to be really comfy but they fit really well.

Keen's are pretty lightweight but I couldnt get them to last very long.