Need New Scope for Crossbow?

I've seen plenty of standalone crossbow scopes on the market. Some of them are real expensive (over $300!). I have a pretty entry level crossbow (Barnett Jackal) and the scope on it is OK. I was wondering whether it's worth upgrading to something more "pro" with some good quality lenses and maybe some red / green illumination to help with low light hunting.

You guys think that it's worth spending $100 or so on getting a better crossbow scope?

OP
H
Hey there. No other crossbow hunters out there?

;)

Would be great to see what others think about getting an upgraded scope.

I been doing some research online and there's a good post at this website. It gives good pointers on what to look for.

I am thinking about getting a TruGlo - seen some good reviews and they do a model that's within the price I can afford.

rodney482

WKR
I prefer an HHA optimizer and a regular rifle scope.

This allows you to use the power adjustment and keep your poi.

I run a vortex crossfire 3-9x40 with v-brite retical.

I've been thinking of upgrading mine tomna Vortex or a hawk. I currently have a varizone I'm not at all happy with but it still gets the job done.

Hey everyone I use the upgraded tenpoint scope on my crossbow. I haven't tried any other scopes out there. I do find that the upgraded models do help with light gathering. I do like the illuminated reticles for when it starts getting dark or even during the day light since I hunt from a ground blind and depending on the amount of cloud cover it can be dark in there.