Need new calls. Corey J. and Rocky Mountain Legal Dispute?

If I'm reading the summary article right, it looks like Corey saw the writing on the wall in early 2022. I wondered what was going on for him to migrate his classes to Outdoor Class. Corey must have gotten a legal opinion around that time to the effect that RMHC had pretty good claim to ELK101, so he moved stuff ahead of any filing and is hoping that his ownership of elk101.com will help in court. I'll be interested to see why the royalty payments tapered off. Sucks for everyone involved.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The thought of people paying $100 for this blows my mind.
I think the last estimate I saw as for numbers of hunters in the US was right around 16 million. 27,000 folks paying for his class is only 0.17% of the hunting population.....not even 1/4 of a %. That really isn't many folks at all, especially given how popular elk hunting has become.

If I'm reading the summary article right, it looks like Corey saw the writing on the wall in early 2022. I wondered what was going on for him to migrate his classes to Outdoor Class. Corey must have gotten a legal opinion around that time to the effect that RMHC had pretty good claim to ELK101, so he moved stuff ahead of any filing and is hoping that his ownership of elk101.com will help in court. I'll be interested to see why the royalty payments tapered off. Sucks for everyone involved.
I’m guessing the move to outdoor class was for exposure. Elk101 was somewhat siloed before he linked up with Newberg and started that podcast with him. Now they have several social media influencers all offering their nonsense courses on one platform and can all cross promote on podcasts, YouTube, Newbergs platform etc. I’m sure the Newberg hookup was worth a big chunk of change. Smart move. Too bad these guys have helped ruin elk hunting out west.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
These classes are such a joke. The escouting “ classes” really take the cake. When’s it my turn to run into one of these masters in the field and take a knee?

CCooper

WKR
I think phelps left Rocky mountain calls in the dust. My phelps diaphragms just won’t stop working. The RM calls would tear constantly.
Phelps was great until they sold out. I called Jason years ago and told him the white amp reed was great for locate bugle but tough to chuckle with and the maverick was the other way around for me. He offered to custom make some in between the two for normal price and had them to me in a week. I ordered them custom for a few years like that and they were awesome. Called last year and talked to somebody else because he wasn’t around. They said no more custom orders since the buy out and suggested I try exactly what I told them didn’t work well for me. Should have bought a lifetime supply when I had the chance. I go through several in a season.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Phelps was great until they sold out. I called Jason years ago and told him the white amp reed was great for locate bugle but tough to chuckle with and the maverick was the other way around for me. He offered to custom make some in between the two for normal price and had them to me in a week. I ordered them custom for a few years like that and they were awesome. Called last year and talked to somebody else because he wasn’t around. They said no more custom orders since the buy out and suggested I try exactly what I told them didn’t work well for me. Should have bought a lifetime supply when I had the chance. I go through several in a season.
I guess I don’t keep up. I didn’t know he sold out. I don’t know why I’m surprised every time this happens. Hunting has become big business.

Old thread revival? I just opened a pack of RMHC elk101 calls that I bought last year and the reeds are loose, not falling out but they are wavy. I'm sure they used to be right in the past. Maybe quality was slipping back then.

These guys create product lines and companies to sell them and make money, then move on to the next project.