Need more eye relief

Robertsj22

Lil-Rokslider
I currently have a vortex diamondback scope on my rifle and it just doesn’t have enough eye relief. Any models you guys recommend under $400.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
Tube diameter?

Put a suppressor or muzzle brake on your rifle and you won't need more eye relief.

KenLee

WKR
Probably have to find one used at this point, but the Nikon Prostaff 5 has the best constant eye relief of any cheap scope I've used. Decent glass too. I definitely prefer it over the Diamondback. I have them sitting on a 300wm, 308 and a couple 45-70s.

Leupold Freedom scopes will give you the kind of eye relief you want.

Manufacturers can be creative when giving eye relief specs, so I'd urge caution there. Your scope is listed at 3.3. That's about as low as I would want to go on a rifle that recoils much. I'd also be very surprised if that 3.3 remained steady through the magnification range. Maybe that's what yours hits on low power then goes down as magnification goes up.

Burris scopes tend to be as advertised. I love Burris Droptine scopes. They are the best value on the market and not made in China. Try before you buy though, and not a lot of businesses carry the Droptine line for some reason.

If you can stretch your budget into the low $500 range, you can get a Trijicon Credo. They have great eye relief and are quality scopes. The Hurons have short eye relief. Trijicon is honest about that in their specs.

Sorry to be the guy that recommends things beyond your budget, but I don't have personal experience with a lot of different scopes in your target price range.