Need help- niche mid weight tops asap

Manakh

FNG
Edited from original post.
On foot active hunting double duty whitetail and blacktail. Yes I slow creep whitetail and I don't sit.

Curious on apex hoody vs pro merino 200 or a mid weight hoody base layer to that nature. Not the heavyweight hoody, fanatic, or anything like that- warmer than the core lightweight hoody and cooler than those others.

Vest- warmer than the peloton 240 vest and quiet, preferably a bit breathable. Stratus?
Stratus vs 240 or something between?

Last edited:
If you're not brush busting, consider the Kuiu Kenai jacket. Lightweight merino shirt, fleece hoody, Kenai jacket would work well.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just find different weights of fleece and use whatever weight works best for the temps and activity level. I use microfleece mock-T's between my lightweight merino base top and lightweight camo shirts quite a bit during archery elk season. If it gets colder I have heavier weight fleece (200 and 300 weights). That's about it for insulation that I can do when I'm actively hunting, even during Oct and Nov.

Kenai_dtracker

Lil-Rokslider
I like a light weight merino base, and then a mid-weight poly or fleece over that. Merino and then merino on top does not seem to wick the moisture away as good I've found. However, if I'm tracking whitetails in the northeast on snow, with snow on trees, I wear a wool jackshirt for an outer layer. This sheds snow, stays warm when wet, although a little heavier, but it's quiet as hell in the woods.

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up the canis hooded fleece in the classifieds

It’s awesome for hurry up and wait hunting between 40-70 degrees and dead quiet

Any colder I put the Kenai vest and beanie on for a dead quiet system

Pretty impressed

OP
Manakh

Manakh

FNG
What I wouldn't give to have a full zip strong fleece like 150 with hood. But in the mean time...

Still curious on apex vs pro merino 200

And a vest a tiny bit warmer than the peloton 240 vest that's quiet and breathes a little bit. Don't care about waterproof so much and I won't be busting brush with it maybe just a little push through some light stuff but not busting brush. The Sitka whitetail "specific" vests appear to be quiet and warm, maybe the stratus but I don't know how it compares to anything

Qfrog

Lil-Rokslider
I have the SF150 and would buy a hooded version in an instant

The canis hoodie is closets thing I have found have durability and breathabty but no DWR

Beyond clothing has a lightweight grid fleece hoody that breaths really well also

You ever look at outdoor research Ferrosi hoody?

Last edited:
I picked up a pro merino 200 this season and really dig it. Used as an outer layer during summer archery, paired with a synthetic tee as base layer.

Later in the season as it got colder I used it with a peloton 97 base layer, and the pro merino 200 as my outler

When it was cold, windy and snowy last week I used it as a base layer with peloton 240 over the top. And a kenai on top of that if needed.

Pretty versatile piece, it's a keeper for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk