Need an action

leclairk

FNG
I know this topic has been discussed repeatedly on threads but none that address the specific needs I have. I want to build a lighter weight 7prc hunting rifle. These are some of the requirements I have and hopefully people will have some options I haven’t thought of.
1) Want to be less than $1300 (titanium is too expensive).
2) Would like it around 26ozs with pic rail (bonus would be integrated rail)
3) Planning to use a manners LRH and run AICS mags
I like Origin actions but in long action they are 34oz. I like defiance as well but good lord they have a lot of actions to choose from. Seems like the Anti would fit my requirements. Planning to have LRI or PVA spin up a barrel so prefits are not necessarily needed but it is nice to have the option. Anyone using an action that fits my needs?

Last edited:

Piercision Rifles

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I have Defiance and Pierce Shadow actions on the shelf as well as others. Defiance are on sale for $200+ off right now as well as a bunch of other products I sell. I don't do prefits though. Full builds only but I can sell you the parts to take to your rifle builder. If you buy all the parts for the build from me, minus optics, I will put together a package deal for you thats roughly 10% off.

Wapiti1

WKR
^^^This is a pretty solid option.

That said, a good gunsmith with a mill and some carbide tooling can make most any action fit your criteria. All of the light weight stainless actions are just studies in milling machine weight loss techniques.

Jeremy

OP
L

leclairk

FNG
Bunch of great options that I would have never thought of. Thanks guys

Sevens

WKR
Preferred Barrel Blanks has the Nanook LA for $1359 and if you buy a barrel from them at the same time, you move to the front of the queue for the lead time.

jimh406

WKR
Just a thought, it might not be as cool as a new action, but I'd consider buying a used rifle and use that action. It might be a few ounces heavier, but you can use the money saved to buy other light components.

OP
L

leclairk

FNG
Bought a Nanook. It literally checked every box and Preferred Barrel Blanks had a left hand long action magnum in stock. Nobody had lefties in stock on any action (although I’m not in a big hurry). Next step is to decide on barrel, CF vs spiral flute. I do not want a pencil barrel and it needs to be 2-1/2-3lbs.

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
The Kelly Nanook is on sale here. I bought one a few weeks ago. 26oz for a LA

jdubrr

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a Nanook. It literally checked every box and Preferred Barrel Blanks had a left hand long action magnum in stock. Nobody had lefties in stock on any action (although I’m not in a big hurry). Next step is to decide on barrel, CF vs spiral flute. I do not want a pencil barrel and it needs to be 2-1/2-3lbs.
I also just ordered a carbon 6 barrel there is a 10% off coupon code of LRO10