Need Advice on Shelter and Stove

ColeKira

FNG
I was watching a "bushcrafting" video with my son (almost 9) after our hunt yesterday. He wants to go camping in the winter now after seeing a small wood burning stove in a tent. There is so much info, I dont know where to start. We would be "car" camping, but I still want to go on the light side for when he starts to get older and we can hike in some. For now we would be sleeping on cots and doing a one or 2 night trip. The gear would also double as my hunt camp set up for a large property I hunt a few hours away. I'm not opposed to canvas wall tents if there's a lightweight option. I honestly know nothing about this world. Although I've backpacked 1/2 the A.T. in various trips, this kind of thing is all new to me.
HELP!

Clarence

WKR
Check out seek outside and kifareu. These would be the premium ultralight hot tents.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TBHasler

WKR
I would also suggest Luxe’s tent/tipis. A little heavier than seek and kifaru but much cheaper options and they are very well built. Good luck and enjoy the adventure.

You are car camping so don't pay high prices for lightweight gear, get yourself something comfortable that will provide space and keep you both warm and that you can erect solo. A Kodiak Canvas Flexbow or something comparable would be my choice along with a Nu-Way stove. There are recent threads here with pics you can peruse.kodiak1.webp.jpg
kodiak3.jpg
kodiak4.jpg
1601_wing_v._w__90758.1466534999.1280.1280.jpg

Last edited:
PS: If you get the wing put a big tarp down under tent and annex so you aren't tracking dirt and mud into your tent.

IMG_2644.JPG