Need advice on a potential trade

Hey everyone,

I bought an XPR a couple of years ago and put a Nikon Buckmasters 2 on it. It's been great, and I have had no issue with the combo. This year I finally grabbed a T3x, and am trying to decide what to put on top of it. Sure, I'd love a Maven, but they're not available and not in the budget at this point. I found a guy up here selling a Trijicon Accupoint (3x9x40, same as my BM2). He's open to trades, and I think he may be open to taking my XPR setup for it.

I've read the reviews on the other Trijicons, and have searched on here for other real world experiences with this model. My goals eventually are to go out into the mountains and get wild, but currently my hunting surroundings are farmer fields, and brush. Having learned about the increasing desire for MIL sights and how useful they can be for "quick drops", and I can get out to 400-500 yards sometimes the accupoint appealed since I don't like busy reticles, and a "set and forget" type scope works best for my current application. Also, support for the Nikon is nil, the "ballistic" app from Nikon is bugged, and I could always goof around with Strelok and find out my bdc points, but in planning to eventually go with something like the Maven I'd like to start getting used to mil stuff (even though this has a mil reticle with moa adjustment..... I'll have to wrap my brain around that one)

Anyways. Is it worth trading my previous set up for this scope, or should I just keep the .270 and throw the Nikon on the Tikka and call it a day?

Thanks!

KenLee

WKR
Value of XPR setup is too close to street price of new Accupoint 3-9x40 for me to stomach a trade for used scope.
I'd just as soon hunt with the Winchester as the Tikka myself. Buy a new scope and sell rifle after you see if you care for the Tikka.

OP
Stearinlys
Value of XPR setup is too close to street price of new Accupoint 3-9x40 for me to stomach a trade for used scope.
I'd just as soon hunt with the Winchester as the Tikka myself. Buy a new scope and sell rifle after you see if you care for the Tikka.
Yeah I was feeling the same way about the value comparison. He has three or four other XPR's that he's selling as well so that's probably why. They don't move very much around here. I have mine listed for $700 rifle, with rings, 2 mags, and a handful of rounds but no bites after a year and a half lol.

But mines in great shape, and I have no idea what this scopes condition is, what it's previous life was, or how old it is.

KenLee

WKR
Yeah I was feeling the same way about the value comparison. He has three or four other XPR's that he's selling as well so that's probably why. They don't move very much around here. I have mine listed for $700 rifle, with rings, 2 mags, and a handful of rounds but no bites after a year and a half lol.
From what I generally see, 2.5-10x56 Accupoints are 700ish new and 3-9x40 are 600ish new. See both on sale $50-75 below that from time to time.
I figured $600 value for your XPR setup with scope. I realize you'd likely have to pay tax on a new scope, but no way I'd swap to save $40-70 off new price of a scope.