Need a new rest and quiver

John,

No they don't. When you come down I'll show you how I have mine rigged up and go over the options. They have 4 hunting configurations and 1 target all in the same rest...5 for the price of 1!!! AWESOME!! Colorado company....AWESOME!!! GREAT guys over there and all are hunters AND target archers who use their own products!!!

John,

No they don't. When you come down I'll show you how I have mine rigged up and go over the options. They have 4 hunting configurations and 1 target all in the same rest...5 for the price of 1!!! AWESOME!! Colorado company....AWESOME!!! GREAT guys over there and all are hunters AND target archers who use their own products!!!

That's great. Thanks Evan. I wish they would make some sort of a "full capture" design. Still, I look forward to seeing one and learning more about it.

Rhendrix,

On the Fuel cams you can use what you like as far as tuning goes. I ran the Schaffer Opposition with the best results. I has just a TOUCH of fletch contact on my TT Pronghorn and always wanted to TRY the Schaffer and so I did. The buck I took in 2011 CO in Eastman's Bowhunting Journal was taken with that. Hamskea Versa rest GREAT one! A little pricy but WELL worth its weight!!!! And yes that is a pun :) it is a touch heavier BUT the options are phenomenal.

J-Daddy

WKR
Evan, do you have a recommendation for a rest for the Hoyt Fuel cams?

Limb driven is still the way to go I think....They just work better, they stay up longer than a rest tied into the cables to support the arrow better during the shot and there's no timing issues with them. You still have numerous options for limb driven rests, Vapor Trail, Hamskea, Trophy Taker Smackdown series, AAE Pro Drop, and rumor has it that Ripcord has a new one coming out at the ATA Show.

OP
dirtytough
I got my rest installed and it was pretty easy even for a noob like me. Still haven't decided on a quiver yet.

Why is the tightspot so highly regarded? What sets it apart from other quivers?

I am liking the 2 piece Hoyt arrow rack, and the 2 piece Axt quiver. Any info good or bad on the Axt?

Thanks, Branden

I am going with the Hamskea Versa Rest with Full Containment...and probably a CBE Tek Hybrid in Patriot Brown, Five Pin...but maybe an AXT Driven :)

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I personally like the Hoyt or Fuse 2 piece quivers over the tight spots.

I thought the tight spots vibrated and were noisy in comparison. They have a little rubber grommet to wedged against riser, but it didn't seem to eliminate the vibration and noise of the long carbon rods on the quivers

The two piece quivers, once I have set where I want, I take my Dremmel toll and cut off any extra rods to eliminate noise and vibration. The new Hoyt mounts also allow you to get the quiver as close as you like it to your bow, so no different than a tight spot.

I like the above comment. I forgot to add that I am also getting a new Hoyt Arrow Rack 2 Piece, in Six Arrow model. My Spyder is going to be super stacked!